•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Slammin Sam

1. Slammin Sam

Solenoid failures

I have an 89 B2, 5 speed, 145,000 original miles. After almost 50 years of driving, I had a solenoid failure that resulted in the starter not disengaging, cooking the starter. Luckily, the flywheel wasn't damaged. I was a few blocks from home so I ran into the garage, grabbed a wrench and...
  2. Slammin Sam

Coolant Temp Sensor

Coolant temp sensor is an easy fix. Its on the front of the engine by the thermostat. If your gauge isn't working, pull the wire from the sensor and ground it. If the needle jumps, your gauge is good. The sensor is less than $15.00 When you replace it don't put sealant on the first few threads...
  3. Slammin Sam

2001 Ranger Buckets

I'm trying to find a pair of buckets to replace the 60/40 bench in my 89 Bronco II XLT. I ran across a wrecked 2001 Ranger extended cab. The seat belts are integrated into the seats. Any idea what problems this will cause when I try to put them in my B2?
  4. Slammin Sam

Looking for nerf bars side steps for 89 B2

Now that I've finally found my latest Bronco II, a pristine 89 XLT, I have a problem. My height challenged wife has trouble climbing in. You know the old saying, if mom's not happy NOBODY's happy! I've been searching the web for nerf bars for the B2, without any luck. I can't stand the extruded...