•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by TeamExploder

1. TeamExploder

Does a steering stabilizer really help?

Yeah, replaced the ra bushings, all steering linkage, ball joints, went all out on itband was much better, drove great but now the truck is being tore down.
  2. TeamExploder

2wd explorer spindles on 4wd

You can use the 2wd spindles on the 4wd but you have to pull the axle shafts out in the front. And you can use your 2wd transmission in a 95/96 Explorer but you won't have your t-case and you will need a 2wd computer from yours to swap to another 95, if you get a 96 then you need the 96 computer...
  3. TeamExploder

diesel powered explorer?

Yes I know of at least one Explorer 4BT swap....Clicky that thread there is about the Explorer that is featured somewhere on this site that not much info was known on it. There is also a green 2nd gen sport that had I believe a 4bt swap but cannot find the website it was on years ago.
  4. TeamExploder

Tie rod end

Well you have a 99 Ranger which has the rack pinion steering where as the Explorer he has, has a steering box setup. But my inner tie rod end removal tool is round, you can also remove them by turning the wheel the whole way to the side you are working on and get a pipe wrench on it to remove it.
  5. TeamExploder

3.0L in place of 2.9L motor?

4.0 will bolt up to your current A4LD but putting more power to that transmission will wear it quickly, its weak just being behind the 2.9 let alone more power from the 4.0
  6. TeamExploder

Offroading pictures

Nice truck, doesn't look that deep in the pics but looks like fun :icon_cheers:
  7. TeamExploder

Not a chore just odd, that I have to keep the steering to the left to keep it straight, this was the case before I did front end work, and feel odd turning right, you just barely let the wheel go to steer to the right driving highway. I deal with it but would be cool if it were a little better...
  8. TeamExploder

Yeah, some day this week I'm taking it to work and putting it on the alignment rack but I have a feeling its not going to change much. Just a characteristic of the bigger tires and our crappy roads.
  9. TeamExploder

So new FA600 Pitman arm is on, and figured I would replace the drag link, tie rod, tie rod ends, and all 4 ball joints and still has bump steer and am constantly having the steering to the left to keep it driving straight and to the right a little just barely let go of the wheel. I am getting an...
  10. TeamExploder

finally chopped it

Cool, I want to do that to the back of the Ex but just don't have the guts to...afraid I'll have it lookin fawked up even though I've seen plenty of nice results.
  11. TeamExploder

Ok....so I ordered the part last week like I said and the shops supplier sent him the FA400 anyway! It was Explorer Pro Comp...I was like I'll see and sure enough same one that's already on the truck so he ordered the FA600 like I originally wanted and should be here in a couple days. So if...
  12. TeamExploder

Well I FB messaged the guy that owns/runs Krawl Works and ordered the FA600 for me instead so the right one is on the way. Glad y'all could give me the right information. I'll see how it handles then but still sounds worth to get the stabilizer after making sure the bj's and tie rods/ends are...
  13. TeamExploder

Yeah.....I'll be glad to get this steering fixed.
  14. TeamExploder

I appreciate it. Was just doing some research on EF since the site is back up.
  15. TeamExploder

Ok, I was afraid of getting one that had too much droop. I'll have to check tomorrow to see if the order was placed yet or not.