•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by Twister

1. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Yeah, I've talked to tons of people and no one has ever had or hears of a coil shooting flames. I have a barrel type coil laying around from my buddies mustang. I am going to throw that on there for the time being. Do I need to wire it any differently or just hook up the negative and positive...
  2. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Messed with it today, tested it for spark and got nothing. But I did get a pleasant surprise. My ignition coil caught on fire after smoking for 30 seconds. Think the damn thing is on strike or something. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  3. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Got a day to mess with it, put new coil and plugs in, and no start. What a surprise :(. Found this ground strap that went between the frame and the body just hanging off the body, no idea weather it would cause a no start issue. Going to fix it and and give it another try. Sent from my...
  4. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

I'm hardly throwing parts at it, only parts I've swapped out are common tune up parts (plugs, wires, cap and rotor). Seeing as how the new coil won't start a truck that was running before the coil was put on it, there's obviously something wrong with it, but calling msd and figuring out how to...
  5. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

I only bought the msd one because it got better reviews and was only like $5 more than the store brand one with a discount code. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  6. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Story of my life. Bought a nice msd coil, thought why not, got 5 stars on advances site vs the store brand which got a 1 star. Got home, threw it on my running truck and it won't start. Pretty sure the coils DOA, haven't had time to take it back as I've been busy this weekend. Sent from my...
  7. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Picked up a new coil and spark plugs, the old ones looked a bit worn. What do you reccommned for plug gap? Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  8. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Brother wanted to poke at my truck for some reason. So we tested for spark from coil and dizzy. Got nothing from both. So we did an ohm test between the blades of the coil, we got 5 ohms which was way over what I could find as standard. But ohms between one blade and the coil post was within...
  9. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Went and looked really quick. This is the only red wire with white stripe I found in my quick search. It goes towords the firewall but has no plug on the other side. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  10. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

I went under the truck and the only wire i could find hanging down was the wire for the speedo thing that goes into the transfer case. Where does the NSS wire lead back to? I hope the previous owner didn't ghetto rig something.
  11. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

It was an auto, where is the NSS and how would I trick it? Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  12. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

It has a manual in it, would that have a NSS? If your willing to poke at it with me that would be cool as I am stumped lol. Danger, I wish I had a HEI to test fit. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  13. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

I wish there was :(. I am completely stumped as to why it won't start. I've put the engine to TDC at least a dozen times, and used both firing orders and I get nothing, and to add to that I lost spark from the dizzy the last time I messed with it. I have rechecked all my wiring, swapped out the...
  14. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Well, it doesn't matter where I stab the dizzy in, it won't go, and it appears I lost spark from the dizzy again :( sigh Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  15. Twister

Twister 85 B2 Build

Am I wrong in thinking that bit doesn't matter as much where the rotor is pointed, as long as the engine is at TDC when its set and you use what ever plug tower the rotor points too as the number one plug wire? Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk