•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Recent content by wahlstrom1

1. wahlstrom1

radius arms...how long is too long?

If you make them pivot where your transfer case yoke sits you can minimize the driveshaft slip used during travel.
  2. wahlstrom1

Andres629's still at it! '87 BII this time!

Work in progress..... like mine.... and ryans....and josh's...
  3. wahlstrom1

8.8 c-clips--why??

Would you want your axle shaft sliding back and forth against the brakes, pushing the piston in and out, having your axle change width as you drive down the road? The C clips hold the shaft in a set location, the brakes are neutral and the bearings/seals ride on the machined surfaces like...
  4. wahlstrom1

WTF's is goin on with this build? I wanna see that FWD44 in action, took up residence here way too long!
  5. wahlstrom1

Goin full tube front clip? or just skinning it with whats left of the sheet metal afterwards?
  6. wahlstrom1

I was at HRC too... wtf? haha... I'll be in it next year!
  7. wahlstrom1

Good to see that diff finally under something! I noticed the radius arm bolts still loose... I had to rattle on them with everything my electric impact had to get them to bottom out the C against the radius arm...but you can do it!
  8. wahlstrom1

Maybe I'm missing something.... but why do you even need to move the box forward to go 5-6" ahead. With the oddball dual holes on both sides that those high steer arms have, you can switch the tie rod and drag link and avoid the issues Bones is having. Your going with airshocks, so coil...
  9. wahlstrom1

My stock axle shafts had them... the aftermarket ones had them built in, like a flanged part of the shaft. I couldn't find any to fit, and the shaft snugged up against the housing so I never worried about them. Putting the tie rod up front should allow you to move the axle ahead, especially...
  10. wahlstrom1

How far are you moving the axle forward? Can you mount the tie rod ahead of the draglink and use a slightly longer pitman arm (F150 were 1/2-3/4" longer I've found)? I could go 3" ahead and the tierod was parallel to the draglink. If you mount them the other way around you could angle it the...
  11. wahlstrom1

I got my locker!!!!!!!

Yup, it's common to have to clearance the window in the carrier for drop in lockers. Just take out as little material as necessary and your golden.
  12. wahlstrom1

I got my locker!!!!!!!

They don't prevent you from getting stuck... they just get you stuck in worse places, farther away then most other vehicles can help!
  13. wahlstrom1

Still gonna have to do break in on those gears in the D44, they were setup but never run... Don't want ya trashing them on the first run out!
  14. wahlstrom1

Do a shackle reversal in the front and something equal out back and rock some military 37's for cheap.
  15. wahlstrom1

Funny that.... :icon_cheers: