•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. mjonesjr

I need to get rid of 1988 Bronco II or parts

The Classified section isn't as hard as you make it sound. I just think you are too lazy to put the ad there. All for sale ads MUST be in the Classified Section.
  2. mjonesjr

Need some opinions on price.

Lets put it this way, I had about $5,000 in my '86 BII that I had built into a very capable trail rig. The body and interior was in good shape with no dents or rust (it did need painted thought). I sold it for $2,000.
  3. mjonesjr

Fm145 to M50D Swap

Nope.
  4. mjonesjr

Fm145 to M50D Swap

Any Bronco II with those transmissions. Make sure to look at even the 2wd Bronco II's for the rear drive shaft as majority of the Bronco II 2wd's had a dummy transfer case.
  5. mjonesjr

Fm145 to M50D Swap

You can get the front and rear drive shafts out of a newer Bronco II that had either the FM-146 or A4LD transmission and they will be a bolt in swap.
  6. mjonesjr

Explorer D35 in a BII with D28

The only problem you will have is the front drive shaft if you don't swap in a BW1354 transfer case. If you swap in a BW1354 transfer case, then you can use the Explorer front drive shaft without any problems.
  7. mjonesjr

Flywheel/clutch plate Compatibility

If you don't do the transmission swap now (it is super easy), you will be doing it sooner than later. The FM-145 was a WEAK transmission behind the 2.9. It wont hold up to a 4.0.
  8. mjonesjr

4.0L Swap with new Clutch

It is found in all RBV's with a 4.0 and a manual transmission.
  9. mjonesjr

lift for a 04 mountaineer

No. The reason is the '02+ Explorers have an independent rear suspension with a fixed center section. You could possibly modify a body lift and make it work.
  10. mjonesjr

BII axle swap woe.

The C5 wasn't offered in the '89 Bronco II's. Unless it was swapped in there sometime, it isn't possible. The C5 was only offered in '83-'84. Look at your transmission code on the door sticker. If it is a T, then you have an A4LD.
  11. mjonesjr

BII axle swap woe.

Sounds like you did something wrong. There is absolutely NO reason that the Dana 35 drive shaft will NOT fit unless you did something wrong. The M50D-R1 manual and the A4LD auto are the same length. The only transmission in a RBV that doesn't have the same length is the TK-5, FM-142, and...
  12. mjonesjr

lift for 2003 sports trac

No. You can use an '99+ Ranger lift on your Sport Trac.
  13. mjonesjr

column shift on bII

You haven't seen many BII's then. All '89-'90 BII's were column shift. All '84-'88 BII's were floor shift.
  14. mjonesjr

B2 auto to man pedal swap?

It is much easier to completely swap the auto brake pedal assembly for a manual brake/clutch pedal assembly. I did it in my old '86 BII. It took me a whole 20 minutes.
  15. mjonesjr

Can someone double check my list

You will also need a 16 AWG wire for the starter as well. Use the drawing below for wiring up your starter. Unless you have a dummy transfer case on your BII now, you will need a 4wd rear drive shaft from a BII. You will DEFINITELY want to do a new slave cylinder. That is the weakest and...
  16. mjonesjr

Dummy transfer case

It is the housing and the main shaft inside it. There are no gears in the 4wd transfer case anyway. The RBV transfer case is chain driven. The only stock Ford case to be gear driven was the NP205 found on the 70's model F-Series trucks.
  17. mjonesjr

bronco 2 wont fire

First check the timing. Then, check the TFI module on the side of the distributor.
  18. mjonesjr

2004 Explorer tire size change

I don't think 15" wheels will clear the brakes on the '02+ Explorers. I know they wouldn't on the '02 I am driving as a work vehicle. The 16" wheels clear it by about 3/8".
  19. mjonesjr

posting for my buddy

Do you know that for sure? Have you had an oil analysis done on it?