•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. B

rebuilt engine low oil pressure

On my 85 B2, 2.8, the factory gauge will barely move off the peg after warm-up and I've driven it for over 8 years and it still runs okay. I had the engine rebuilt after the person I bought it from had ran it dry on oil. I don't know what all the rebuilder did but whatever it was, sans the oil...
  2. B

Engine miss when distributor vac advance hooked up??

Did a 90 mile trip today and the B2 worked/ran like a charm. I did most of the test that were suggested in the previous posts and all checked out okay....thanks to all. The vacuum advance system appears to be working okay. It holds a vacuum, so evidently it's working okay, and the engine idle...
  3. B

The last couple of times I've started and driven it there is no miss?? I'm guessing some debris got into the vacuum line causing the miss??? I may pull the distributor and do a close look and cleaning and see if anything may be amiss.
  4. B

Thanks for the replies. I hooked the vacuum advance to ported vacuum and now other than a miss or 2(sometimes) off idle it runs smoothly, don't know why but it does. It also runs smooth with the vacuum advance hose plugged, just doesn't seem to pull the hills as good with the vacuum advance...
  5. B

Wires crossed!!??

UG, wires hooked up the way you stated and all is well. Thanks again
  6. B

85 Bronco 2, 2.8, Durasparked. Engine starts and runs, idles smooth, and I'm happy with it. Timing is set at 11 degrees BTDC. However, when the vacuum advance is hooked up it has an intermittent miss that won't go away!!?? Any suggestions are appreciated.
  7. B

Wires crossed!!??

Okay, much appreciated!
  8. B

Wires crossed!!??

Thanks UG for the reply. I do know that the smaller wires were on separate sides of the relay, I just don't remember which one went to which side! That being said, are you saying that all wires should be hooked to the battery side of the relay? I tend to agree with you based on my...
  9. B

Wires crossed!!??

1985 Bronco 2, 2.8, Duraspark converted, and I need help at the starter relay. I don't remember how the two smaller wires hook up to the starter relay. I know how the battery cable hooks up as well as the starter wire. However, there are 2 smaller wires that also hook either to one or both...
  10. B

Cannot find need help....please!

Hey UG, Yes, it its metric threads (ugh) as most everything else now days. I can buy just about any part for a 70/s 80/s Chevrolet, Ford, Dodge, etc but NOT the 2.8 engine. Couldn't even find a new set of head bolts?!!
  11. B

Cannot find need help....please!

Hoping someone has or can direct me to a part that has seen its better days on my 1985 B2, 2.8. It's the tube/hose connection fitting that screws into the intake manifold just below where the upper radiator hose connects to the manifold. The hose from the water pump connects to it. I've...
  12. B

Which is the + wire?

The lockup solenoid has 2 wires, one is red, the other is orange w/yellow stripe...which is the positive + wire? (85 B2) TIA B6
  13. B

trans modulator adjustment?

Thanks Hopster, 3 turns in did the trick. I do appreciate, B6
  14. B

trans modulator adjustment?

In order to FIRM up the shifts which way (in/out) should the allen head screw be turned at the trans vacuum modulator? A4LD. Thanks, Brutal6