•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Leadchunker

Bronco II axle swap

I picked up a 8.8 rear axle from a 95 Explorer about two years ago with 3.73 gears and disc brakes. Today I found a Dana 35 3.73 from a 1990 Ranger, front springs, Ford 7.5 rear axle from same vehicle, front springs, lift gate, skid plates and a new aluminum radiator for a 2.8. I am planning...
  2. Leadchunker

Duraspark Carb

carb I did the duraspark conversion on my 2.8. Ended up just buying the Holley 350 for it and it worked great, I just went with the manual choke and had to do a little modification to get the linkage exactly right. The timing positions were a little off due to the machine work on the engine...
  3. Leadchunker

1984 Ford Bronco II Any Concerns?

I own an 84 BII that I have kept stock with the exception of the duraspark conversion. Mine has a 4 spd manual that has been rebuilt, I also rebuilt the original 2.8 and replaced the stock carb with a Holley 2bbl. I removed the cat and the air pump, during my rebuild, I made an aluminum plate...
  4. Leadchunker

84 Bronco ii lift gate handle/latch

I am looking for parts to repair my handle on the rear lift gate of my 84 Bronco 2. The handle is ok, the part that actually connects to the rods is broken into pieces. It is a fixed glass lift gate. Can't find parts anywhere, anyone have a handle assembly for sale?
  5. Leadchunker

Bronco II Stability

You can find a donor explorer and swap into a 8.8 rear end, and dana 35 front. The rear end from a 96 and later has disc brakes. The 91-94 Dana 35 is a direct bolt on. Use the front and rear springs from the Explorer. It will give you about an inch of lift and widen the stance about 3...
  6. Leadchunker

8.8 and Dana 28 combo question

Thank you, he sent me an email today and stated the axle had manual hubs. It will need new rotors, calipers, and hubs but that is ok. I am buying the drive shafts, front and rear springs, front axle assembly, and transfer case for 250.00. Does that sound like a decent price?
  7. Leadchunker

I have found a Dana 35 with the gear ratio to match my 8.8, the only problem is it has automatic hubs. I think it is from a 96 or 97 Explorer. Can I use this on my Bronco II and change the hubs to manual hubs or do I have to use a 91-94????
  8. Leadchunker

Dipstick Tube, please!

You may want to put some black rtv sealant on the tube then stick it in the hole. It will seal it up and will not break down with the heat.
  9. Leadchunker

need parts

I have the same problem with my 84. Mine is a fixed glass, I believe I have seen the mechanism on ebay and have been told the later model latches will work. If it works please post, if I see something I will let you know as well.
  10. Leadchunker

Thanks for the information, I will check out the other lift kits.
  11. Leadchunker

I agree with B2 addict, there are some mods you can do to the 2.8 to help. Duraspark Ignition for starters, easy to do and can be found in the tech library on this sight. Getting rid of the smog pump helps to, then just open up the exhaust some and you will notice more power. I would recommend...
  12. Leadchunker

84 Bronco ll exhaust

If your existing manifolds are in decent shape, just leave the O2 sensor in place (disconnected of course) that plugs one hole, the only other opening you should have is the one for the air pump. You can just plug weld it. Run your pipes from there, you need to cross the pipes to give back...
  13. Leadchunker

Thank you for the advice, there is a pull a part about 15 miles from my house. One other question, will the rough country 4" lift work with the 8.8 and dana 35? I am taking the body off the frame next week and thought I would replace the body mounts and paint the frame. Figured I might put a...
  14. Leadchunker

I bought an 8.8 rear end from a 97 Explorer for my 84 Bronco II. I know it is about 3" wider than the Dana 28, is it worth the money to find a Dana 35 or can I set up to run the Dana 28 as long as the gear ratios match. I got the 8.8 with 3.73 gears and disc brakes for $100. I just thought it...