•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. W

huh?

So it does this intermittently? Sounds like something is blocking the pickup somehow. When you fill up, it washes it away from the pickup or floats it to the top? Just a guess.
  2. W

roof rack questions

Check out this link. http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=912185 I did this as well and it works perfectly. I used some thule gutter mounts and crossbars.
  3. W

Ranger 8.8 to a Bronco II

I have read, and re-read everything on here and maybe I'm missing it. The 7.5 with 3.73's in my BII is about shot. I found a ranger with the 8.8 and 456 gears at the junkyard. What all is involved? direct swap? I read about the explorer swap and understand the mods needed for that but am unclear...
  4. W

96 explorer parts car

seats, console, all weatherstripping form the explorer sport I have transferred over perfectly. Overhead console, seat belts. I took the windshield washer tank, lines and sprayers and moved them over to my BII. Works much better than the single head/dual outlet it was originally equipped with...
  5. W

So if I unbolt this....would it fit on that?

Exactly as I thought. Any idea if the air shocks from the explorer will work on the bII? (either now or once I get the rears swapped?) It looks to me like the rear seats will bolt over to the BII as well, but if anyone has prior knowledge let me know before I start that and find out I wasted my...
  6. W

I have been reading up on everything, I just hope it goes smooth. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions though. I noticed this explorer has the rear mono leaf...I assume that is pretty much worthless?
  7. W

Well I went ahead and got it. Its a 96 ex. sport. Everything works, except the trans. Started pulling some things and transferring them over to the BII. I'll probably start on the rear swap this coming weekend. Then start parting out everything else. I'm a little intimidated about the 4.0 swap...
  8. W

Sounds like I could swap in my FM146 and transfer case fairly easily and have it on the road. Would I need a different pcm since Im going from an auto to a 5 sp in the explorer?
  9. W

Since I cant use the front axle, I'm debating on whether its worth the 500 now. My front and rear is shot.
  10. W

I assume the 4.0 would bolt up to my 5 speed trans, any advice on putting the 5 speed/transfer case in the explorer?
  11. W

Damn, I was hoping the front axle would swap out as well. Wrong year I assume?
  12. W

I have an 89 BII and tomorrow I am going to pick up a 96 explorer, 2door, 4.0 automatic, 4x4, 3.73 limited slip rear. He says everything works (pw,pdl, etc) and it runs great. It was his daily driver until the transmission started slipping and he limped it to his house and parked it...
  13. W

Starter wont stop starting 87 Bronco II

Could it just be that the bendix is hanging in the flywheel? Are the starter bolts tight?
  14. W

Power Problem.

Maybe it's me.....but the only "sound" I hear it making is normal cranking and no start? Am I missing something?
  15. W

What are the odds this will fit.....

That is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you sir.
  16. W

86 B2 wheel barring, help?

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/spindlebearing.html
  17. W

What are the odds this will fit.....

Found this on craigslist http://louisville.craigslist.org/pts/2366643672.html I'm wondering if anyone has some insight on whether it would bolt up to the 89 BII I have, or if its going to be too much trouble to make it work. (If you dont want to click the link, its a reese hitch for an explorer)...
  18. W

2.9 loss of oil pressure?

Sounds like your oil pump stb. Have you checked it with another gauge to see what its reading?
  19. W

tranny mount problems

Try some kind of limiting strap, maybe a ratchet strap over the trans and hooked to the crossmember to see if that stops it temporarily until you can find the issue. Or a body lift :)
  20. W

tranny mount problems

Broken motor mount possibly.