•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. L

Rebuilt 2.9l Heads

Hi, I have a set of heads that have been rebuilt, and don't need. The heads were rebuilt by K&K Machine in Prescott, AZ. I had them magna-fluxed and acid dipped to find any problems. They are in excellent shape now, and ready to put on your 2.9l. These heads are the 86TM but are not cracked like...
  2. L

88 Bronco II wiring maze,, pics included

Wiring On my Bronco II, that is part of the main wiring harness, and goes to the headlight system. If you have PDL & PW's, then that will also be in that harness. I have taken a few pics of the schematic with that harness showing, not real great, but you can follow the diagram to the ignition...
  3. L

1988 B2 Sport Ground Effects & Chrome Tube Grill

Hi, I was cleaning out my garage of extra random parts, and I came across a extra full B2 Sport ground effect factory kit and a chrome tube grill for the B2. I think the grill will also fit the 1st generation Ranger also, or at least through 1990. The ground effect kit will need some work, it...
  4. L

chattering noise from 2.9L

Check your timing, especially since the weather is getting warmer. The noise under load should be pinging, and that can be caused by lower octane gas or the timing not done correctly. If you check the timing remember to pull the spout, the spout is located where the wiring goes through the...
  5. L

The Juice Box Revival (Blake.'s BII Build)

Actually, you can also boost the performance of the 2.9, to out run the 4.0. The 2.9's were a collaboration between the Ford engineers in Colonge, Germany and Cosworth in England. Cosworth used the 2.9 in the road track Capri's, and they got around 600hp out of those little motors. The one I am...
  6. L

Something cool I found in the junkyard

The clock for the overhead map lights are still available from Ford. There are a few dealers that still have NOS clocks in their inventory.
  7. L

Where to find diagram of Engine compartment?

Single wire plug The single wire connector on the left side of the picture goes to the oil level sensor on the left side of the oil pan. It is used to let you know if the oil level is low, with a idiot light on the dash. Hope that helps.
  8. L

BII article in 4 Wheel Parts Off-Road Adventures

Good article I have a problem with the first picture and caption. The sport, or XLS, was made through the '88 model year. I have a two wheel drive version, with running horse graphics on the sides. It also has the ground effects kit in place. I have the build sheets and it lists it as a XLS...
  9. L

Bronco II, bringing it back to life.

Problems with a B2, tell me it isn't so! According to a Ford engineer I know, he said to drain out a little oil, about a quart, or just add a quart of trans fluid if it leaks, and run for a few days, basically just around the block or idle. He said to use Mercon V, that would be the best. Drain...
  10. L

Rear drive shaft

Drive shaft Look for a '87 to '88 BII, as those seem to be the ones with the spicer shaft. It is much stronger than the cv type. It was also on most 2wd BII's.
  11. L

Conversian driveshaft?

Driveshaft Why don't you just go to the junkyard and take a spicer off one of the BII's. You can take it to a driveshaft shop and have the universals replaced, and have the shaft balanced. You can find the spicer's on most '87 to '88s, and it is a strong shaft.
  12. L

1988 BII Fuel Gremlin

Water in system? AlaskaBII, have you checked your system for water? Drop a bottle of Heet in the tank and run it, when you refill the tank, add another bottle. It sounds like you could have water trapped in you main pump.
  13. L

What wire to splice?

"I" terminal Feasibly you can use the "I" terminal for the backup light power also, just don't overload it, your best bet is to use either a fusible link, or an inline fuse. I would use a 15A inline fuse or a 20g, 6" piece of fusible wire. If you use the fusible wire, solder both ends and cover...
  14. L

What wire to splice?

backup wiring Check the plug on the backup light switch on the tranny, you will have two wires, as it is a switch. It should be on the left side of the trans, just below the shifter. The factory manual I am looking at doesn't give me the wire colors, but power comes from number 5 fuse, which is...
  15. L

1988 BII Fuel Gremlin

Flat spot on pump I talk with a Ford mechanic this afternoon, and he agreed with me that there is probably a flat spot on the motor that is in the frame rails, the main pump, as this was something that he had seen before. As the pump wears, the brushes will sometimes wear through the copper...
  16. L

1986 Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer 2.9l to 4.0l upgrade.

A4LD rebuild Did the trans place rebuild the trans for the 4.0L or the 2.9L. Most good trans rebuilders will build them for the 4.0L, as the parts are stronger. The place I get my trans done is called 1 Stop Transmissions. They sell the A4LD's for $595.00, and they dyno them before they leave...
  17. L

Headliner

Replace the fabric Take the headliner out and pull the old material off carefully. If you are careful, you can sand the headliner smooth, just don't stay in place very long. If there are any cracks, fix them first. I used hi-temp duct tape that has super adhesive backing. Go to a auto paint...
  18. L

1988 BII Fuel Gremlin

Electrical So far that is what the consensus has been so far. But the truck started without anything being touched, so far I've checked the tank plug and the main pump plug, and everything seems to be fine. I am getting good continuity and the power is what it should be. One person said that...
  19. L

1986 Bronco 2 Eddie Bauer 2.9l to 4.0l upgrade.

A4ld You need to have the A4LD built to 4.0 specs. The trans was not bad, it just was built to soft. Take it to a reliable builder that knows these transmissions, and have it beefed up. I get mine done in Phx, and the guys know how to make this trans stout. The wiring from the auto to manual is...
  20. L

B II engine swap question

Forgot to add You can find the headers on ebay, along with other parts, for the engines.