•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. truckerdawg

A PITA Question for Y'all -Wiring

Okay I did my swap a couple of years ago. 1990 Bronco II 4.0 for the 2.9. I have been lazy since my backup lights would never work. Manual tranny. When I shift into reverse the fuse blows causing there to be no backup lights, so I disconnected the plug from the tranny-problem solved sorta. What...
  2. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 Swap

Here begins a diary of my 4.0 swap into my 90 4x4 BII 5 spd all power accessories with manual transfer case(thank goodness). Donor was a 92 4x4 5spd Ranger(manual doors and windows). This was the closest to a plug and play I could find. I took a few pics along the way and if you think its too...
  3. truckerdawg

90 BII 4.0 swap wiring question

I know I am an idiot(wife's opinion-anyone else ever get that) but perhaps my idiotic move this time was with the big white plug. I have 90 4x4 BII and grabbed the entire engine side wiring harness from the white plug to the computer all in one part from a 92 4x4 ranger 4.0. My BII has power...
  4. truckerdawg

4.0 Blocks

So, I am wanting to do the "swap out the 2.9 for the 4.0" in my Bronco II. I have the 5 spd tranny. My question is concerning block casting numbers for the early 4.0. It seems there is the 90TM and the 90TM-AB. One relates to manual trannies and the other to automatics. What the heck? I can...
  5. truckerdawg

BII Power Door Locks

I have 2 BII's with power doors, a '89 and a '90, and each one when it happened both power door locks stopped operating all at once and it is not the switch on the doors. I was told by one ford mechanic there is a inline fuse to control them but the wiring diagram here doesn't show that. Anyone...