•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. D

1988 B2 Conversion using 2000 Explorer 302

I looked into buying a new one as I knew the tool would come with it but MAC came through like a champ and sent me one with the a replacement 3-wire sensor. Both of you guys have been awesome... thanks!
  2. D

So I've been working on cleaning and doing a soft rebuild on this motor and as I prepare to get it all wired up (remember I'm essentially converting it from a 2000 to a 1997 electronically) I come to the Camshaft Synchronizer and Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor. The 2000 uses a 2-wire CMP sensor...
  3. D

Thanks SVT. I'll plan to do all of that... I'll be swapping on the dual sump and pickup anyhow so a high pressure pump will be super easy. Thanks! D2
  4. D

Sorry for the persistent questions but I got to thinking about the motor coming out of the donor. It is a relatively low mile 302 and ran great. It ran at temperature, didn't smoke or burn oil and had good oil pressure and I haven't noticed any leaks. I have a stand and am not in a hurry to...
  5. D

On SVT's advice, I've been looking for drawings or specifications for plate style motor mounts planning to build a set out of 3/8" steel and I ran across these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all38112/applications/ For just $33 it seems easier for me to use if they are decent and will...
  6. D

This makes a lot of sense. I'll search the forums for info... I have access to a weld shop so fabrication won't be an issue if I can get a hold of some drawings...
  7. D

Nope... Not set on anything Mustang. I'd prefer to use what you're recommending... The block plate mounts but I'm not sure what model vehicle from 87-93 years. I'm in no position to go my own way on this deal and I won't turn down good, free advice... :)
  8. D

Thanks SVT! Obviously still working through my plan (and learning). I'll go with the 180. Will I be able to utilize the B2's cruise system? I'll do a few searches and see what I can come up with... On the block plates... These are original mounts from an 87-93 5.0L Mustang? If so, a set...
  9. D

Thanks For keeping me straight Dave!
  10. D

Guys, As I start to pull all the parts together for this swap, some from yards, some new, some from some of you, I wanted to write out my list of have and have-nots for you guys to shoot holes in it before I pull the engine out of the donor this weekend and get started in earnest. So here...
  11. D

Once again, thanks for the tip. Rock Auto is gonna be happy with me. :)
  12. D

Thanks BW. I have come at this thing from all the angles I can think of and I found myself bouncing back and forth between plans. I finally just had to pull the trigger and do it. Sooo... I decided to convert the B2's and donor engine to a return style using a fuel rail I got out of someone's...
  13. D

Boy you guys weren't kidding about all the gotchas associated with mixing and matching years but I'm committed now. The dang engine is getting used in this Bronco... :). I'll be done here for about a week or so and will be hitting all the salvage yards but if I don't find something that is...
  14. D

Understood. The guy has a 97 F-150 trans as well but I've got to yank it out. I figured the AOD was going to be an issue... thanks for the response SVT. Back to the scrapyard I go... Dave
  15. D

Guys, I decided to escape the freezing cold and headed to Dallas for the week. Checking a few local connections down here and I've sourced an 85 F-150 2wd trans in good working order that I can take for free but before I lug this thing back to Chicago I wanted to check with ya'll to make sure...
  16. D

Thanks for the input BW. My oldest son just turned 18 and this is his truck. The truck is in exceptional condition, nearly fully restored to stock and it runs like a champ so the V8 conversion is more of a pet project for me, him and his 17 year old brother. I picked the donor up cheap and...
  17. D

Okay... after a few hiccups the trans is out and on my garage floor. The harness looks good and the I expect the toughest part of the tear down is behind me. I scoped the engine out and it looks pretty straight forward actually. I appreciate all the help to this point. I plan on yanking the...
  18. D

So I thinking the nut that holds the balancer on is a 19mm...??? I'm done for the night and I'll be cutting the head off the top starter bolt tomorrow and then the tranny should come out from there pretty easily...
  19. D

You're right... learning a lot. I didn't know they were either 2wd or AWD in 2000... I know now! I have considered pulling the entire driveline out at once but I do not have the clearance in my relatively small, residential two-car garage so I am stuck parting the trans and engine. I am...
  20. D

Update 1... Get under the damn thing and it turns out this thing is a 4wd Explorer. I'm guessing two owners ago, it was striped it down and made to look and run like a 2wd. They even threw a new console trim piece (without the 4wd control) on it. I never got under it and the previous was a...