•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. S

Gonna lift, need drive shafts?

Im putting a 4" lift into my bronco II, and I am trying to figure out my best option for the driveshafts, which leaves me with a few questions. Lets start with the front... 1a) Will the stock B2 front shaft hold up to 4" of lift? What about 6" (thats the next step, when I have a few more...
  2. S

64" chevy leafs under a b2?

I know there is tonnes of info on the 64" leaf swap, I just read all 11 pages of the sticky in this forum but I can't find the info Im looking for. I have a b2, and was wondering if anyone has done this swap in one? My problem is what to do with the hangers - the front one is right beside a...
  3. S

questions about my rear axle

Okay I have a 7.5 I pulled out of my old truck that went to the JY like 2 years ago. According to the door tag from the old truck, its a 4.10 LS. I have read the post in the tech library about IDing axles by their axle tag, but my tag doesn't quite match the one shown (I assume the one shown...
  4. S

a4ld draining/drain plug?

My tranny has too much fluid in it... Is The only way to remove some dropping the pan? If so I guess i need to re-seal it after removing some fluid? Is it sealed with a gasket, or...? Has anyone installed a drain plug into theirs? Care to provide some details? How big of a plug, where you put...
  5. S

Matt's Bronco II build

Alright I figured its about time to introduce the truck, and start a build thread. I started with a 1988 Bronco II, bought for $500 in May 2009. Wheeled it a few times, but the clutch was going out, and I blew it quickly... Also destroyed a hanger, which in turn blew out the back two body...
  6. S

Computer locations 88/89

Hey, I was just wondering where the computer in an 89 bronco II is located? In my 88, it was behind the drivers door, just about behind the seat belt... My 89 has the new dash style though, so I was wondering if they were smart enough to move the computer when redesigning?
  7. S

Spare tire mounting

Hey, I was wondering what people have done with their spare tires? I have the stock tire rack (two of 'em, actually...) and was thinking of just modifying it to hold a bigger tire. (extend the part the tire bolts to out from the truck, I guess.) I was just curious to see what other people do...
  8. S

Tires rubbing on Sway bar

Hey, I have some crappy 31s and they are too big to fit properly with a stock-height truck... when turning sharp they contact the sway bar in the front. I was wondering if anyone else has remedied this problem with some ingenious idea, or if people just rip 'em out if they get in the way...?
  9. S

When did B2s get a Dana 35?

The general literature on this site, such as in the tech library says the D35 was put into 1990 model years... But I seem to remember reading somewhere they started installing them in a certain month on the 1989s? I was going to go look at a 89 B2 today, and although I dont expect it to have a...
  10. S

Fixing electric transfer case

Hey, I made a comment on a thread a few days ago, and was told it is easy to modify the electric transfer case to stop it from getting stuck in 2wd. I am referring to a '92 explorer. I was told... The trouble with the electronic transfer case is not that it is weak or anything, but the motor...
  11. S

Explorer, Auto, electric case, questions galore!!!

Here is the craigslist add I am thinking about trying to get... http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/ctd/2169669865.html So this truck is a 1992 Explorer, with auto tranny and electric transfer case. What are the major complaints/problems with the electric systems??? My questions mostly...
  12. S

Anyone know coil spring rates for F150 coils of any year?

Okay Im looking for a cheap (junkyard, if possible) option for lifting the front end of my ride, and F150 coils seem to be a decent one, but I can't find the spring rate for anything F150. From what I read on this site, stock bronco II coils are in the 500-540 range, with aftermarket parts...
  13. S

Does anyone sell steering column extensions???

Hey, I want to do a custom body lift, and it seems I need to find an extension for my steering column... I know body lift kits come with one, but can you buy just the extension? Thanks.
  14. S

Explorer vs. BII coil springs vs. f150 coils

Are there any difference in the B2 and the explorer coil springs, Or are they the same length/load or whatever? The tech section makes mention of using F150 coils up front, but I plan to keep my 2.9L for a while, and the guy who made that post mentions having a 305 under the hood or something...
  15. S

Custom body lift

Hey, I got a beater bronco II with a blown clutch, and the bell housing bolts are a bitch to get at so I figured I would do a body lift now, before fixing the clutch... And was wondering if anyone has done a custom job? I've heard of hockey pucks, cut up pieces of boat rollers, or stacked...