•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

64" chevy leafs under a b2?

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I know there is tonnes of info on the 64" leaf swap, I just read all 11 pages of the sticky in this forum but I can't find the info Im looking for.

I have a b2, and was wondering if anyone has done this swap in one?

My problem is what to do with the hangers - the front one is right beside a body mount, leaving me with little-to-no room to move it...

Should I move the rear hanger towards the back, and have to get a longer driveshaft?

Any other ideas???

Thanks!

PlumCrazy

Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Look for posts from an old member by the CopyKat.

He used Durango leaves under his B2. He made a new hanger with a cab mount built into it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Look for posts from an old member by the CopyKat.

He used Durango leaves under his B2. He made a new hanger with a cab mount built into it.

I saw mention of that in the 11-page thread, but I didn't find anything other than it being mentioned... I tried to search for more info but couldn't find any.

PlumCrazy

Solid Axle Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
He is pretty active on RPS. You may find details over there.;)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
note.

you can buy alcan or deavers that will bolt in and make the chevy leafs look stupid.

be 6-800 bux but no fabbing and they are works of art.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
note.

you can buy alcan or deavers that will bolt in and make the chevy leafs look stupid.

be 6-800 bux but no fabbing and they are works of art.
That would be nice, but I only paid $500 for the truck, and Im too poor to get new shocks right now, so new leafs are clearly out of the question.

The whole appeal of the chevys is the fact I can get junkyard leafs for $20 a pop, so even if I had to buy a good drill bit for putting holes in the frame, Im looking at like $60, 1/10th the cost of new.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
in that case run a 150 tib 2wd spring.....bolt in and done:icon_thumby:

hybrid the pack with some dodge springs or similar and your better off all around....looking at what biz did i think the other alternative is ideal.

stock b2 springs flex real well as is, so a hanger drop would be easier imo overall.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
fwiw....both of my current rigs are junkyard sprung at the moment front and rear because fawking up 800 dollar leaf packs makes me sick too.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
in that case run a 150 tib 2wd spring.....bolt in and done:icon_thumby:

hybrid the pack with some dodge springs or similar and your better off all around....looking at what biz did i think the other alternative is ideal.

stock b2 springs flex real well as is, so a hanger drop would be easier imo overall.
I already have explorer springs that I was going to use, planning on making a custom pack with them and my stock springs...

But what about these f150 springs you talk of... any idea what kind of lift you get? Im shooting for about 6", with the current plan of stock ranger blocks, belltech shackles, and the custom leaf packs, being about 2" a piece, for around 6".

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
depending on which packs 4 in was easy to pull off with some intermediate stacking with the 150 stuff....

6 in i am not so sure. this is with stock block.

the dodge springs incorporated with a 150 2wd main may get out close enough.

here is my rig on 42's.

this is 150 intermediate and explorer mains and 79 f 350 4x4 block with jeep 5 in shackles and stock spring hanger locations.

its a little low out back but they are weak and pliable so they ride good.

likely i will be going to a full 2wd 150 pack with a few dodge long intermediates and explorer short leafs on the bottoms. combined with 2 in drop on my hangers i expect to get rid of the stock f350 blocks and net 6-7 in of lift with 3000 pound payload capacity and "acceptable" off road performance.

i will do this because its free and only a few hours work. that wont happen till i get fresh front springs of course which wont be free.