•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. AZFX4

91 4.0 running rough when in gear

So I finished my 91 4.0 swap into my 90 bronco II the engine purrs like a kitten at idle and will rev pretty good, but when I drop it into gear it stutters and acts like it wants to stall. I have checked for vacuum leaks and have cleaned the IAC to no avail. It is also running very rich and has...
  2. AZFX4

Help me out here

Not getting much response on the TRS side. Im having some issues with the wiring on my 4.0 swap. My donor was a 91 explorer and my B2 is a 90. everything is hooked up but when I hook up the single wire from the alternator to the starter relay the battery starts cooking. From everything I have...
  3. AZFX4

Very sad week since tuesday!!

$2600!!!? Damn maybe I should wreck mine!
  4. AZFX4

4.0 clutch kit/ flywheel

not meaning to thread jack here but is the slave cylinder the same from 4.0 to 2.9 or is this a good upgrade also?
  5. AZFX4

1989 Bronco II questions

Prices can fluctuate a lot on these vehicles depending on your area and condition. I paid 150 bucks for mine a few years ago. The guy thought the head was blown but it just had a leaking freeze plug. Anyway the ones im seeing in my area are going from $500 not running to around 1200 for ones...
  6. AZFX4

Gen 1 VS. Gen 2

From a looks perspective I guess I lean slightly towards the Gen 1. But from the mechanical aspect its all Gen 2! Come on two fuel pumps plus that stupid single function reservoir. Who needs that crap.
  7. AZFX4

Torque converter question

So im in the middle of a 4.0 swap on my 1990 BII. When I pulled the engine from the explorer the torque converter stayed on the back of the engine instead of coming off with the trany. All the fluid in the T.C. has leaked out. Im about to put the engine into my bronco and need to know if I need...
  8. AZFX4

chevy springs?

Exactly. Why not just integrate them into a fabricated bumper with some long shackles. That seems like a much better option to me...
  9. AZFX4

chevy springs?

Why move the front hangers at all? Why not just move the rear shackle mount?
  10. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Not sure what happened to my last set of pictures. Heres a few more of the latest progress.
  11. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Heres a few more pics of my progress. Im using Ballistic forged joints for the raduis arms instead of heim joints. Also all of my brackets and fab stuff came from Ballistic. Its nice to have them close by! For now I just have the stock trac bar cut to a shorter length just to keep...
  12. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Here are some pictures showing the mounts mocked up.
  13. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Im using a 79 dana 44 from a bronco and adjustable coil mounts from ballistic fab. In order to space out the driver side coil mount I had to build this bracket.
  14. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Here are some pictures from the teardown. Getting the axle mocked up... With the modified arms in place...
  15. AZFX4

My FW 44 B2 Swap

Well here it is. I bought this B2 for 150$ about 2 years ago. I would say ive gotten my moneys worth. She was a good little wheeler in stock form but finally decided it was time to UPGRADE! Heres what she looked like before I got started.
  16. AZFX4

linear rate or variable rate coils?

Yeah I know they are good for prerunners and stuff. Anyone have any experiance with the deaver super flex springs? Ill be using the Ballistic fab coil buckets and the 4.5 inch lift springs and hope to run 37s...
  17. AZFX4

Well It may see daily driving but I only live 12 miles from work and have used it as a daily driver before with no top, no doors, and no AC/Heat so I guess I wouldnt mind the ride. I def want the most flex. Looks like the deavers it is! They are cheaper anyway.
  18. AZFX4

Okay, I was plannig on using some variable rate springs from wild horses which they call Rock crawler springs. But maybe I should use the deaver super flex springs.
  19. AZFX4

So which is better? Linear or variable rate springs? I have heard both are better and both are worse anyone have thoughts on this?
  20. AZFX4

my $1500 Bronco II build

Looks good so far. Im in the middle of my build also. There are tons of rust free B2's for cheap here in AZ as you pointed out. The hard part is not buying them all up. Im in Tucson, when we get these done we should take em out. Lots of good trails here.