•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. I

bronco II quarter glass issue ?

I replaced the original side window on my 84 Bronco II with a newer style one when it got broken.The sealant I used was butyl which comes in rolls and is available at body shop supply places,it is used for removeable windows as it never really hardens.You could use something like a urethane...
  2. I

How many seat belts in the back of a B2?

My 91 Explorer 4 door has 3 seat belts in the back but my 97 Explorer 2 door only has 2.I was surprised as the seat is wide enough for 3 people.
  3. I

Gas tank ?'s

I installed an efi tank in my 84 Bronco II.I just took the larger efi style fuel pump opening cover plate and cut a hole in it to fit the smaller 84 fuel pump pickup cover plate and then attached my 84 pickup to the larger plate.
  4. I

Looking at a wrecked 1991 Ford Explorer (pics)

Assuming you get it for $400 and it takes another $300 to get it driveable you are in it for $700.You are still taking a chance that the rest of the mechanicals are ok as you can't take it for a test drive so factor that in.It has no stereo,factor that in.So now you are up to about $8-900.If it...
  5. I

Looking at a wrecked 1991 Ford Explorer (pics)

The first thing I would do is determine if this vehicle has a salvage title and is branded as a total loss as registering it would be a PITA.Next I would sit down and realistically figure out how much it would cost to fix it and get it registered moneywise and timewise.That vehicle looks like it...
  6. I

B2 leaf spring ?

I put rear springs from a 92 Ranger 4.0 ext cab under my Bronco II and they were noticeably thicker than the Bronco II ones and gave me some lift.
  7. I

shocks for 2" lift

For my 84 I already had Ranchos on the front when I did my lift so they fit but the back shocks were too short.I looked at a shock chart and figured out that a lot of mid 80's F150 trucks used a shock with the same mounts as a Bronco II but they were a couple of inches longer.The top fit just...
  8. I

b2 quarter glass interchange?

On my 84 Bronco II someone broke the large side window and I grabbed a newer one at the wreckers and put it in and it fit fine.You might want to go to an autobody supply place and get a roll of butyl tape to use as a sealant.I think the only advantage is there is a rubber molding around the...
  9. I

About manual brakes vs pwr

I used to have an 88 Ranger with factory manual brakes and it stopped just fine and I don't remember any excessive pedal effort.I switched my 86 Mustang over to manual brakes years ago and you definitely want the manual brake pedal as the distance between the pivot point and the master cylinder...
  10. I

coil spring question

I swapped the springs from a 92 4.0 Ranger ext cab into my Bronco II and they were noticeably thicker and I gained about 1 1/2" of lift.
  11. I

Lost all my oil on 2 seconds - like an oil bomb went off

I used to have a Mercury Zephyr with a 302 that used to blow up oil filters on a regular basis until I changed the oil pump.I figured the pressure bypass valve must of been sticking.There is a good oil filter study floating around the internet and after reading it I have never used a Fram filter...
  12. I

seating options in a 92 exploer.

It isn't very common but some Explorers came with a double extra wide drivers seat and no console which allows you to fit 3 in the front.I grabbed one out of an Explorer at the wrecker and use it in my 91 when I need to fit 6 people.
  13. I

need some info about seating in an explorer

My 91 Explorer originally had 2 bucket seats up front.I found an Explorer at the wrecker that had what looked like a bench seat up front but actually had the regular passenger style seat but the driver's side was extra wide and had a console that flipped down.Now I can fit 6 in my Explorer with...
  14. I

Ranger parts on a Bronco II

I recently picked up a totalled off 92 Ranger 4x4 Ext cab for parts from the local salvage yard.I noticed that it seems to sit a couple of inches higher than a similar Ranger ext cab that is owned by one of my neighbors and the 235/75/15 tires seem to have plenty of clearance.I checked...