•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Ranger parts on a Bronco II

ifergusson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I recently picked up a totalled off 92 Ranger 4x4 Ext cab for parts from the local salvage yard.I noticed that it seems to sit a couple of inches higher than a similar Ranger ext cab that is owned by one of my neighbors and the 235/75/15 tires seem to have plenty of clearance.I checked underneath and the body mounts look factory and comparing the suspension to that of my 84 Bronco II the only difference I can see is there is a factory appearing lift block between the rear axle and the spring and about a 1 inch metal spacer in the front under the coil spring.I am just wondering if I will run into any problems if I try to take the Ranger front and rear springs/spacers and try to put them on my Bronco II?

kunar

Odd One
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
there shouldnt be any problems that i can think of. the block is factory but the spacer under the coil is not. if you put taller springs in the front you will need an alignment, and generally you can lift about 1.5" - 2" max using spacers or taller coils, before the truck cannot be aligned.