•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Evan

Ackerman steering principle

Is there a difference between the steering knuckles on a 2dr Explorer and a 4dr Explorer? Technically, there should be, right? In order to get the ackerman angle correct, you would need different knuckles since the wheelbase lengths are different.
  2. Evan

PPI of softride coils

Does anyone know what the PPI rating is on a set of Skyjacker softride springs?
  3. Evan

auto vs manual locking hubs

Upgrading to manual hubs is one of the best things you can do. They're stronger, more reliable and give you the option of 2-wheel LO range. :beer:
  4. Evan

More flex from leaf springs

Would you get more flex from RBV leaf springs by removing the bottom leaf, and then installing a longer shackle? There are always discussions on coil-spring flex, but what are the options for better leaf spring flex?
  5. Evan

Dana 28 or 35?

Nope.
  6. Evan

Not Another CTOR Build

Alright, that's enough. We're limiting you to three rigs.
  7. Evan

Turbo Charged 4.0L BII Build

I get that. You're missing the point.
  8. Evan

5.5" Superlift question

I bought this 5.5" Superlift. I plan on using 4.5" ZJ springs with some spacers for about 3.5" of lift. Since the brackets are for a 5.5", can I just move the pivot bolts up to the top hole on the brackets? From the pics it looks like there's an extra hole there.
  9. Evan

Superlift radius arm mounts

I just bought a 5.5" Superlift kit with extended arms, but the kit does not contain the mounting brackets for the radius arms. Is there somewhere I could buy those?
  10. Evan

Doubler lube specs

Fill it to the brim, where oil just starts coming out the breather. You want as much fluid in there as you can get. 0W50 motor oil works, as well as ATF. Best thing to run is gear oil.
  11. Evan

Should I go 302 or 4.0L swap?

His post has nothing to do with the Republican party. I'm a Republican, and would not make such a post. Between a 4.0 and 302? Better fuel economy with an RBV, and the swap requires way less time and money. You could take the money you save, spend half of it on some performance upgrades for...
  12. Evan

Not Another CTOR Build

What is that crap?
  13. Evan

Cool! Do you have the turbo connected to just the driver's side exhaust? What kind of HP gain do you see with 5-psi? It would be interesting to see a dyno sheet. Looks good man!
  14. Evan

Cold air at the initial intake (before the MAF) gives you more power, as the air is less dense and allows you to fit more molecules through the same volume. But an intercooler sits between the turbo and engine.
  15. Evan

An intercooler is used to stop detonation. It nets you no power. A 5-psi system with an intercooler will produce the same power as a 5-psi system without an intercooler. Now, if you wanted to dial up to 10-psi and experienced detonation, you'd install an intercooler. The intercooler would keep...
  16. Evan

The only reason to run an intercooler is if you're experiencing detonation when running the desired boost. If you're not, there's no reason for an intercooler.
  17. Evan

Not Another CTOR Build

Man, I just can't believe how much flex you're getting out of those leafs. :icon_cheers: Steering is one thing I'd like to upgrade on my rig as well.
  18. Evan

Not Another CTOR Build

Something is wrong with your truck. The wheelbase is too long for a BII. :icon_rofl:
  19. Evan

Not Another CTOR Build

People assume that you can't get good flex unless you have coils and linked suspension, but I have seen TTB and leaf systems with great flex. Yours is a good example.
  20. Evan

89 bronco build up.......

Now that is a good body swap. I hate the look of a truck with no bed in the back, or just some boards. That bed you fabbed up really makes the truck look awesome.