•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. S

Brake line for stock rear.

I need a rear brake line for my Bronco II. The threads that go into the drum are bigger then the threads needed to go into the T-fitting on the differential. I have tried Oreillys, Autozone, Advanced. None of them have brake lines with two different size threads. any ideas?
  2. S

What lift would you rather?

Building up my Bronco and was curious how many people would want 4" lift with lots of fender trimmer, or 6-8" of lift with little to no trimming. Im talking about a clean trim, not some hacked away job that makes your ride look like crap. In other words, Which do you think makes the ride more...
  3. S

T-case and driveshafts

I have an 89 bronco II that I am currently doing axle swaps on. I am going to have to have driveshafts made. My future plans are for a 302 swap and I was wondering if the stock t-case is built well enough to rely on it or should I make plans to swap? Also, Will I have to make new driveshafts...
  4. S

explorer leaf swap

Im in the process of swapping leafs into my 89 Bronco. Ive read that you have to take out the leaf pin and swap it around. Why??? The pin head and the nut are the same size. Why dont people just put the nut in the perch hole rather then flipping the pin?
  5. S

8.8 swap

Tomorrow Im going to a salvage yard to pick up a 8.8 from a 91-01 explorer. This is somewhat of a budget build so I plan to take the axle with the best gear ratio(Ill upgrade to disk brakes later if I have to). Hopefully I can find one with 4.10's if not 3.73's will be fine. There are 18...
  6. S

What are the easiest axle swaps?

Are there any 8.8" rears that will fit my 89 Bronco II and just bolt in? Are there any D44 fronts that will pretty much do the same?
  7. S

Should I go 302 or 4.0L swap?

Right now my Bronco has the 2.9L which has about 140hp and 170ftlbs of torque. The 4.0L has 160hp and 225ftlbs of torque. The 302 has 215hp and 295ftlbs of torque. Its seems like the 4.0L would be the best choice compared to a stock 302. The 4.0L is lighter, lighter on the trans, a bolt in...
  8. S

Making my 5x5 pattern a 5x4.5

I am putting a GM 12 bolt on the rear of my BII but it is 5x5 bolt pattern. a friend of mine gave me his Mustang rotors to help convert it to disk brakes and the rotors are 5x4.5. With the rotors as a template, do you think I should drill out the holes or should I have a machine shop do it?