•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

1st gen Explorer clutch hose interchange ?

Hello, I'm doing a 4.0L clutch swap in my 90 Bronco II. I already know I need to match to the same year slave and master cylinder hose because the ends are slightly different. Out of all the slave cylinders for Explorers the 93+ are the only ones I can find with a boot/dust cover. Since the body...
  2. J

4.0 swap options: Carb, TFI-Dist, Alt ECU

Hey guys, so I've not seen any 4.0 swap threads that explain what to do after swapping a Ranger harness then correcting the brake light/power window issues. *Please link a thread if there is a full write up* Anyway, that issue has lead me to investigate alternative methods of doing the 4.0...
  3. J

Dash Swap:New to older style

I'm wondering if I can swap my 90 BII dash with a older model dash. I like how the old dash allows for quick heater core replacement. It took me about 10 minutes to put a new heater core in my 88 Ranger. :D
  4. J

Will a Ranger Lift Kit fit a Bronco II ?

A guy on Craigslist has a 87 Ranger with about 3.5" suspension lift so I'm wondering if the kit will fit my 90 BII ? I know the 87 Ranger should have a Dana 28 but my 90 BII has a D35. Just wondering if the drop bracket and all will interchange.
  5. J

Project El Taco...1990 BII

I had to bump this old thread simply because it deserves the attention. Anyway, He said the A/C Compressor interferes with the power steering gear box. I would assume relocating the compressor would fix that problem.
  6. J

Water Leaks

To begin with I know my roof seams are busted and caused my roof liner to get wet. I started taking all the interior out and found some new areas of interest. Both kick panels are currently wet. The back of the computer was starting to rust. I also noticed some foam inserts in the both kick...
  7. J

Drive shaft clicking

You want to get a first generation Explorer front driveshaft. Remove the factory double cardon joint from that shaft and get some new u-joint flanges or remove 2 slip yoke portions from the rear d-shaft of the Explorer to obtain flanges. Do a "Search" for Explorer driveshaft modification.
  8. J

91 & 95 Explorer interchangeable slip yokes ?

ttt O.K, so let me re-phrase this since no one seems to know the answer. How many splines are one the 2nd Gen Explorer (95-96) front driveshaft ? And how many splines are on the 1st Gen Explorer driveshaft ?
  9. J

1986 bronco ii with a constant miss

I just bought a 90 BII. I had the same problem. I pulled the plugs and discovered which injector was bad. #4 was the problem on mine. Runs like a champ now. I recommend running some fuel additive to clean that cylinder/piston rings and valves. I bought a large bottle of Lucas for $12 at...
  10. J

91 & 95 Explorer interchangeable slip yokes ?

I'm reasearching the Explorer front driveshaft modification (u-joint) for my 1990 Bronco II. I need to know if the "Front" Driveshaft Slips are interchangeable from 1st Gen to 2nd Gen. I keep finding several guys with the earlier models BIIs that have no problems switching the entire front...
  11. J

2.9 Strange idle

One more thing, I guess the fuel pressure regulator could have some part to do with it too. You can test your fuel pressure. I just don't know how to do it. LOL :) Good luck
  12. J

2.9 Strange idle

I'm not a mechanic but I'm thinking fuel pressure. Maybe when you turn into a parking spot your stirring up the fuel and sediment/rust causing fuel pressure to drop. The idle could also be caused by this (I guess). Say you have a weak fuel pump , trash in the tank and clogged fuel filters ,... I...
  13. J

lift question

Anytime you raise or lower a vehicle it affects the steering and the way your tires wear. I'm not sure if a 2 inch suspension lift requires additional modifications such as longer tie rods or not. Someone else will have to answer that. If not, just take it to a alignment shop and they will...
  14. J

Worst stuck BII

My Bronco is like Chuck Norris,... It just looks at the mud and it removes itself from beneath the truck. :icon_rofl:
  15. J

Worst stuck BII

Impossible,... Broncos don't get stuck :)
  16. J

Bronco II "weird" Trans Noise

I'm new at this so don't make me feel too bad if my guess is somewhat dumb. However, is it possible the trasfer case could be slipping ? Second guess, the front dog bones maybe clicking ? :icon_confused:
  17. J

Bad Spark Plug (See Picture) Cause ?

I haven't check the compression. However, I just pulled the plug out after a half mile ride. The plug looks very clean and simi wet. I also pulled the plug next to it and it looked like its been firing perfect. Therefore, I poured a bottle of Lucas and Seafoam in the tank (super clean...
  18. J

Bad Spark Plug (See Picture) Cause ?

I just bought a 90 B2 XLT. This is my #4 spark plug. The rest of the plugs are fine. It still has a miss-fire after all new cap/rotor,wires, and motorcraft plugs. The exhaust is not smoking, yet. I'm thinking I have a bad injector dumping too much fuel. What do you all think ?
  19. J

WANTED: BroncoII Fuel Injector

My #4 Fuel Injector is pouring gas and fouling my plug. Anyone have a spare to sell ? Thanks