•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. Flat Toy

what is the standard size tire for a 86 B2 4x4?

86 with 235/75/15, A4LD Down the highway: 50 MPH_________ Drive 2600 RPM O/D 2200 RPM 65 MPH__________Drive 3300 RPM O/D 2600 RPM Normal driving, shifts are between 2400 and 2900 RPM Does not seem to make power till about 2400/2500 RPM...
  2. Flat Toy

what?

Is that manual hub hardware with auto hubs?
  3. Flat Toy

Bronco II quick mods

This is what I did for myself. You guys have to decide if it meets your standards for safety. I make no claims to that effect. I think it is safe or I would not put my kids and grand kids in them. The belts I have came out of two Aerostar Vans. They have to be at least 114" long. You need the...
  4. Flat Toy

Bronco II quick mods

Third brake light Explorer Wheels Explorer hatch handle Shoulder harness for rear seats Other then the wheels and tires nothing over $20.00. Aluminum wheels and tires $33.00 each, steel wheels and tires $17.00 each.
  5. Flat Toy

Where to find diagram of Engine compartment?

Pony, I have a few min. Let me go out and see if I can find anything on mine. Did you ever find wire color going into the plugs?
  6. Flat Toy

Give us a close up of that section of wire that has been damaged. from the view we have it does not look too bad. Let us see it up close. If I remember right that harness is door locks and elect windows. Might be one wire to battery.
  7. Flat Toy

The flat plug goes to the brake resovoir. The wires should not pull out once they are pushed onto the sensor. I would force RTV into the plug where the wire comes out. That way next time the plug comes off the wires will stay in plug.
  8. Flat Toy

Go to www.autozone.com. Become a member. Go to repair info, Find wiring diagrams on left side of page. Should get some wiring diagrams. Of course you have to fill in the my vehicles section first. Not great but free. If you need a picture of something show me what area you want one of and I will...
  9. Flat Toy

B2 will not start

Look at ignition switch. They sometimes split apart and the contacts don't touch. It has a plastic part held on with metal tabs, the tabs get weak and let it separate.
  10. Flat Toy

B2 will not start

Check all of your grounds. I have had both my 98 Ranger and 86 BII quit running while driving down the road because of bad grounds.
  11. Flat Toy

Liftgate Handle Latch...Need Help

The handle with the letters on it is the BII handle. The other handle is off an Explorer. When mine broke I replaced it with the explorer handle. Just drilled out the mount holes so the new handle would fit. Found both at a local wrecking yard for a couple of bucks and about 10 min. work.
  12. Flat Toy

Ignition Module Mounting Location

I am going to mount mine just to the drivers side of the radiator. Mine has a opening there in the radiator support that would let air pass over the fins on the heat sync.
  13. Flat Toy

Stalling Problem

I think most will tell you to remove the Idle Air Control (IAC) off the passengers side of the upper intake and clean it with intake cleaner, and that IS the best place to start. I did that but still had the same problem as you. Even though everyone said not to I turned the idle stop screw on...
  14. Flat Toy

New Wheels and Tires for the BII

I started the day looking for tires for the Astro Van. I can see air through the tread on the back. Could not find anything on Chevy wheels so since I would have to take tires off the rims I started looking at Ford stuff. I came across this set of 4 235/75/15 with about 75% tread mounted on 99...
  15. Flat Toy

Hatch Handle Mod.

I think it will. The explorer handle was from fixed glass hatch.
  16. Flat Toy

Hatch Handle Mod.

Several months ago the rear hatch handle broke on the BII. So it was a trip to the local Pick a Part to get a new one, While there I got to looking at Explorers and started to think, and you guys know what happens when a BII guy starts to think. No, I didn't walk into a tree. So I pulled the...
  17. Flat Toy

Installed a LED third brake light

In the 80's when the third brake lights started showing up I thought they were pretty dumb looking. But since they have been around a while I find they do make it easier to tell if the car in front is stopping. I wanted to update the BII so I started looking for a light assembly to install on...
  18. Flat Toy

A4LD filler tube removal

It presses in but it is bolted to the engine also. That bolt has to be removed to pull the tube out.
  19. Flat Toy

Still having problems.....

I had something similar with my 86. It did not have the tic but you might check this anyway. There were two things that caused my problems. First there is a vent line from the tank to the charcoal canister on the radiator support. On the tank end of that line is a check valve that opens when the...
  20. Flat Toy

87 bronco wont start...

I would start at the inertia sw. on the floorboard by the passengers feet under the carpet. Reset it then check for power in and out of it. If it has power into and out then work your way to the fuel pumps. If there power in and no power out then it is most likely a bad sw. If there is no power...