•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. M

Idle Speed Controller Wiring

Thank you for uploading this Uncle Grump! I've already rebuilt the current carburetor so it looks like I'll be rolling with this one in the near future. To be honest, my knowledge of electrical pretty much starts and stops at splicing wires together. I obviously see where the idle speed...
  2. M

Idle Speed Controller Wiring

I had to replace the idle speed controller (Hynes manual calls it the throttle kicker) because when I went to go unhook the plastic connectors they virtually disintegrated on both ends on the connection. I ordered a new idle speed controller that comes with the wiring and connector attached...
  3. M

Speedometer Cable can't find replacement part

I pulled the cable out, cleaned and greased it. The speedometer needle still bounces some under 30 mph but tends to steady out above that. Overall, throwing some new grease on the cable did help some, but did not fully fix the problem. The tires that are currently on my bronco ii are...
  4. M

Thanks for the response. Yes I just put some cable lube on it yesterday. Waiting for some more parts to come in before I take it for a test drive again. I'll post if it helped or not
  5. M

I have an 1985 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer Edition w/ manual trans and 4x4. My speedometer needle is bouncing quite a bit while driving. I took out the original speedometer cable hoping to replace it but I can't seem to find the right part (OEM or aftermarket). My original cable has the ford part...