•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Search results

1. J

1990 Bronco 2 rear quarter glass (the big rounded windows) - left and right

Pulled both windows off a vehicle at a salvage yard right before they crushed her! they are tinted and in pretty good condition from what I can tell. They have a few cuts in the rubber from when I was trying to get underneath them with a razor to loosen em up, but nothing terrible. Happy to...
  2. J

Gear shifting difficulties - 85 BII

hi fam. I have an 85 B2 that's new-ish to me. I've done some work on it: New dual core radiator New plugs/wires Distributor cap and rotor New valve cover gaskets New Heater core I'm dubious any of these are related but I'm mentioning them here just in case they are. Now - the issue. After...
  3. J

Radiator swap questions

I put in a dual core radiator, but now the lower hose is kinked a little. I’ve taken about 1.5” off, but the new angle of the radiator seems to be linking the hose no matter what. Is this a big deal? How should I handle this? These hoses seem to come pre-formed. Did I make a mistake on choosing...
  4. J

85 B2 newbie - can you help me triage this info?

Hi all - I'm a new owner (new to this vehicle and new to maintaining vehicles). I have a lot going on with this car and need some help prioritizing if y'all are up for it! 1. I had an engine coolant leak which I fixed by replacing the heater core (woo hoo!). I prioritized this first since I...
  5. J

Noob flushing radiator on 85 Bronco 2

hi folks - i'm closing in on a pretty bad coolant leak from the heater core. I've drained the radiator and am ready to replace the heater core, but am stuck with the special directions of disconnecting the heater hose under the front of the engine (this is on a sticker under the hood). If I'm...
  6. J

Coolant leak - any idea how to get into this area?

Hey folks - I found out my new to me 1985 FB2 has an coolant system leak. I rented a radiator cap and system pressure tester and was able to produce the leak, which is gnarly. Pic attached, It is leaking under a plastic cover near the rear of the engine compartment. The fluid is super rusty so...
  7. J

85 Idling High - brand new owner trying to learn

Hi friends! I've just purchased an 85 Bronco II, 5sp manual. Literally the next day it started idling really high - so here I am! I know nothing about cars, but I really want to learn, so am open to links to educate myself if that's the best option. Here's what's up. When I start the vehicle...