•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1 inch body lift

removebe4flight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So, I got new body mounts bushings and thought shit while I have it up and off the frame why not lift it an inch. I went with hockey pucks and have the holes drill pretty nats ass. Question before i lift it up in the air has anyone done this before and any tips. Do I have to get longer bolts and nuts? Only an inch I should have to worry about longer brakes lines or steering? Thanks

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I did a 3 inch body lift on mine and didn't have to extend anything. It came with new bolts and nuts too. If you've never had it off before you're probably gonna ruin the nuts and a few bolts so I'd go ahead and get new. And pay close attention to how long and where they came off of because they're all not the same length. Lots of places sell the original nuts and bolts, just shop around before you take it apart. Good luck and take pics to post.

removebe4flight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I did a 3 inch body lift on mine and didn't have to extend anything. It came with new bolts and nuts too. If you've never had it off before you're probably gonna ruin the nuts and a few bolts so I'd go ahead and get new. And pay close attention to how long and where they came off of because they're all not the same length. Lots of places sell the original nuts and bolts, just shop around before you take it apart. Good luck and take pics to post.
Did you do the lift yourself or had it done? Do you have to remove all the carpet to get to the bolt in the cab and rear?

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My son and I did it. Didn't remove all the carpet, but had to loosen it up around the edges to access all the bolt holes. Had to use a sawzall to remove some of the nuts because they were really rusted up. If you find my interior write up on TRS forum you can see where all the holes are.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My son and I did it. Didn't remove all the carpet, but had to loosen it up around the edges to access all the bolt holes. Had to use a sawzall to remove some of the nuts because they were really rusted up. If you find my interior write up on TRS forum you can see where all the holes are.
20160527_131142.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

removebe4flight

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
See all the access holes in the floor? Lots of fun lol

I pulled up the back carpet and was horrified what I found. Rust all over. So i think i am going to wait till the spring and rip everything out and get in there with a wire wheel and welder.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Probably best if you don't have a garage to put it in while you do it. Good luck and try to get an extra set of hands too.