•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1983 bronco II what is this noise

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
When aftermarket parts books are made, there are many mistakes; many!! This is just one of them. Some person copying data that has never had an dirt in his fingernails.

mightysonofa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
84 bronco II 2.8 noise

Trust me, 15 lbs at idle is fine. That's why I told you this . . . see sig
I didn't see an exhaust leak I looked for black around all the seams and looked at night with the hood open to see if I see blue flame or anything ,tomorrow if I have the time ill remove the valve covers and see if I have a bent push rod

mightysonofa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
84 b2 engine noise

My muffeler guy has a special tool for diagnosing exhaust manifolds for leaks it it a long vacuum tube taped to a soft copper wire with the tube open at the end. he can bend it to get to the tight places. Put your ear on the end of the vacuum tube and the closer you get the louder the ticking. Its the same for vacuum leaks the closer the louder the hissing. Allways be careful of moving parts!
yea only problem is it only does it when first started for about 15 seconds and then goes quiet until you start down the road it will tick as you getting on it or going up hill like when your timing is off ,I still haven't had time to mess with it ,I just got a 2003 GMC sierra and drove it 2 days then both rear calipers were sticking ,so I had to fix that so I had to drive my bronco back and forth to get parts , you know the story a simple brake job turns into brake lines and lots of rust ,freaking truck only has 70k on it and everything under it is rusty ,looks like ill be putting in new u joints too soon ,

mightysonofa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
does any one know the specs for valve lash adjustment what size feeler gauge for intake and exhaust valve clearance ?