•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1985 Bronco II Won't Start

patrickmurray

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Hello again y'all. So I bought this 1985 Bronco II that had a bad slave cylinder. Now I cannot get it to start. I have replaced the starter, battery, plugs and wires, along with the coil. I am getting spark from the coil to the distributor, but not the distributor to the plug. I, admittedly, tried two different configurations for the arrangement of the plug wires on the distributor cap. I have a couple of questions. 1) Does the number "1" on the distributor cap mean that the wire for cylinder 1 goes there? My repair manual makes it look otherwise. 2) Could I have screwed up my timing by trying two different configurations. If so, how do I fix this?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
If you for sure have a nice blue spark at the coil, check your firing order. The way I do it is to pop off the distributor cap, wrap a piece of masking tape around it and mark the order 1-6. Pay attention to the orientation of the cap when you take it off to reference #1 on the cap. From there check it against the diagram. Have you confirmed you have fuel, accelerator pump comes on when you open the throttle quickly?

Attachments