•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1987 B2 air filter box hose

donzoh1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I was recently fixing my AC and found the recirc/fresh air diverter blocked by leaves and debris resting on top of the flap. I couldn't get the flap open so I removed the air cleaner box, the squirrel cage fan, etc, and removed the debris through the engine compartment. I had to cut the circular screen away but was able to repair this after debris removal.
I'm now putting things back together but have two questions. 1. where does the small flexible hose coming out of the air cleaner go? There is a small inlet near the squirrel cage that would make sense if this is for cabin air supply but the hose seems too long to work there. 2. I have another small hose about 4 inches long by maybe 1/2 inch diameter which has a round end and a rectangular end. This looks like the rectangular end could go in the squirrel cage housing but not sure where the round end goes. :(

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have an 88, going off memory the hoses connected to the airbox are:
1. to the intake manifold
2. to the back of the grill for fresh air intake (rectangular)
3. to the exhaust manifold. (metal)
4. from intake to the top airbox lid (vacuum line)
5. from airbox lid to flapper valve for #3 (vacuum line)

4 and 5 are connected to a tempurature valve in the air box, when the temp is low enough it passes vacuum to the flapper to pull hot air off the exhaust manifold.