•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1987 B2 Blower motor stopped working need help.

BroncoMike8789

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 1989
Vehicle
Ford
My Blower motor stopped working today I cranked the bronco then pushed the AC button on and turned the blower on high. Blower motor hesitated then stopped working plus the blue AC light stopped working. I checked all my fuses they are good. Is it the blower resistor?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Try running jumper wires directly to blower motor from battery. This will indicate if the blower motor is any good or not right away. Reason I say that is because mine had failed before my resistor did. Usually when resistors fail the blower motor will run but only at certain speeds.

BroncoMike8789

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987 1989
Vehicle
Ford
I hooked wires directly from the battery to blower motor and it spun so blower motor is good. Also noticed the 30 amp fuse under dash was burnt and broken, I replaced that fuse and the AC compressor turns on but fan speed still not working on all speeds. I hooked a circuit tester to the wiring that goes to the blower motor under hood and no power at all. Is there a fuse under the dash area?

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
IIRC; There is a "resistor" I believe behind the blower motor cover engine side. It has 3 different coils of wire, and 1 or 2 of those are burnt out.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I hooked wires directly from the battery to blower motor and it spun so blower motor is good. Also noticed the 30 amp fuse under dash was burnt and broken, I replaced that fuse and the AC compressor turns on but fan speed still not working on all speeds. I hooked a circuit tester to the wiring that goes to the blower motor under hood and no power at all. Is there a fuse under the dash area?
Only fuse for blower motor is under dash on driver side. Resistor is on the firewall IIRC. Here is a wiring diagram that should be similar enough to what you need. Remember when testing this wiring that the blower motor is hot in acc/run.

Ryangcran22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford bronco 2
I am debating about buying a 1990 Ford bronco 2 for $700 bucks. It has four brand new mud tires and I looked them up and each are 200 a piece. The thing is it needs a lot of brake work transmission won't let the truck go over 50 miles an hour and the interior is completely destroyed. I'm looking to build a nice woods truck but I don't know if this is too far gone. Let me know what you think thanks