•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1987 Bronco II Eddie Bauer

wba593

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guys, my Dad used to have a 1987 Bronco II Eddie Bauer edition until he sold it back in the mid 90's, when I was a little kid. I've been wanting that thing back for a long time, until a couple years ago when I noticed a similar looking Bronco in a junkyard behind an auto parts shop. I checked it out and it was the same one! Well my question is, how much overall do you think it would be to completely restore the transmission, engine and most likely everything else? It's going to be a tough project, but will be very rewarding if I can get it done. Thanks

AgPete139

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Welcome to TRS!

Do you have pictures of the vehicle, or specs on it? How many miles are on it, what do tires and body look like, what's wrong with the interior?

Pretty much, it can be anything and very expensive. This is really a generic question, and you can rack up the replacement parts pretty quickly.

Drive it first, and see how the transmisison is. You may not have to replace it. Or, you may have to find a used one at a junkyard and buy it for a few hundred bucks.

Are you wanting to restore it to showroom floor condition? If so, youre looking at thousands.

wba593

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Unfortunately I'm still trying to buy it from the owner of the auto parts store, and he doesn't know anything about it, nor wants to sell it for some reason. But I'm just trying to get it back to the point of driving, not showroom floor condition, but just good enough to be driven. The car is in a parking lot behind the store and it has moved across the parking lot since I saw it last, so I believe it drove, so maybe it's not completely shot. But the body is dented and scratched all around, so I'd need a new paint job and possibly a new frame. And I don't have a key to get inside to check the interior out, but I'll keep trying to get this man to sell it to me.... Thanks for your advice!

wba593

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ok, now I have a bigger problem. I drove by there today to see if it was still there....and it is gone. I still have the VIN number, isn't there a way to track it down with that?

AgPete139

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
It's not your vehicle. There are ways to find out the history of a vehicle (like a Carfax report or similar), but actually tracking down the vehicle shy of a police report...no.

Find a similar truck in better condition, and restore THAT ONE and dedicate it as a tribute to your father's truck instead.