•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1988 BII Build

kris97ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 4.2 litre
hey! u have the same welding cart as me lol

Stang5lgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
What size shims do you need? I have about thousand of them. I have geared almost 300 8.8 now. Whenever you need stuff like that just PM me or text me cell.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
nice work, and different from any other bumper Ive seen.
thanks yall, i was going for a "homemade ARB" type bumper. it's not done just yet, need to build some sort of stinger for it.

hey! u have the same welding cart as me lol
NO! YOU have the same welding cart as me! lol. nothing better than a free welding cart. i would've built my own, but metal is too pricy around here.

What size shims do you need? I have about thousand of them. I have geared almost 300 8.8 now. Whenever you need stuff like that just PM me or text me cell.
i need a stock shim for a 373 8.8 if you have one. i'll have to measure the actual thickness of it. the stock one broke when i was trying to put it back in.

Stang5lgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have about 30 stock shims all kinds of sizes. Let me know what you need I will check.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I have about 30 stock shims all kinds of sizes. Let me know what you need I will check.
measured the broken shim and it's a hair under 9/32" or .28125....i dont have a digital micrometer, so i'm thinking something around .280? send me 2 or 3 if you dont mind and let me know what you want for them.

Stang5lgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
measured the broken shim and it's a hair under 9/32" or .28125....i dont have a digital micrometer, so i'm thinking something around .280? send me 2 or 3 if you dont mind and let me know what you want for them.
I have .277 and .280. In that range. I can send them in small flat rate box. Probably about 8 bucks total shipped.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
sounds good, pm me your email address and i'll paypal you the $$$

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
nevermind stang, the people that i ordered from wouldnt let me cancel my order because they claim that it has left the manufacturers warehouse already. but i still dont have any tracking info. wont be ordering from autosport again

Stang5lgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah sorry been moving all week. Then I spent the day wheeling Rock Ranger and TNT in the gulch at my new place and then shot off 150 rounds with my new gun down there. This was the first day I kinda had off all week. Hope you get them soon.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
no problem man, they were actually wrong. i dont know what the hell they sent me. still send me your payal info....i'm retuning whatever they sent

Stang5lgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
no problem man, they were actually wrong. i dont know what the hell they sent me. still send me your payal info....i'm retuning whatever they sent
Sorry I missed this. All the moving and working on the new place has not left me much time to keep up on the forums. Do you still need them? I will send you the PP info just in case.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Sorry I missed this. All the moving and working on the new place has not left me much time to keep up on the forums. Do you still need them? I will send you the PP info just in case.
yeah, i figured that. that's why i havent PM'd you or texted you lol. it's no problem, i dont have any time to work on it anyhow...especially with the holidays coming up. i'm gonna get cracking on it the first of the year.

i had my dad take it off of his insurance starting on the 1st of february, so i have to have it driving/streetable by then so i can get it registered/inspected. if i have a deadline, shit will get done, otherwise i'll keep putting it off.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
time for a post holiday update. the mayans were wrong, so it looks like i've got to actually finish this thing lol. i got the shims from stang the other day. it's pretty damn close to what was in there. the old shim was .281" thick and the one he sent is between .281-.282", my digital caliper keeps going back and forth. so it should work just fine.

in other news, i'm getting a part time job at a tire shop. my buddy manages a Just Tires about 300 yards from my house, so i'm gonna start working there 1 or 2 nights a week and then a couple weekends a month. $12 an hour, i can use the lifts any time i need and use the tranny/radiator flush machines i want. i can also get 2 sets of tires a year at cost. so i'll be getting some 31's or 32's for the bronco by summer i hope. the money is just an added bonus, i mainly just want the tools, lifts and tire discounts lol.

work on the b2 will resume this weekend finally, my first day at just tires is tomorrow night. sucks i have to go straight from work but they're only open til 8, so it's only for 2.5-3 hours.

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Must be nice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

crawlin91

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
you still wrenching on this beast?

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I was actually going to chime in and say the same.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i've been slacking something awful.....started training for a new promotion at work in january and i've been exhausted when i get home. we had a damn cold winter here too. as it warms up i'll be getting back on it. i wanna drive it this summer. plus, it's still on my parents insurance and my dad is bugging me to get it back on the road.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
thinking about selling the bumpers i made. who wants them????

found a good, real cheap metal supply place outside of raleigh and i think i wanna remake them both.

dangerranger83

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If I had the money I would.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
minor update on the build:

it's been getting warmer here, so i'm gonna get back on the build and finally finish it. after i get the axle back together, all i need to do is get the exhaust on and i can start driving it. then just take care of the small stuff as i can.

so today i went and cleaned out the garage, got all the leaves and crap out of it. i have a CE exam on friday, so i'll be studying all week for that, but once i pass it, it's time to get back to work.

polished the rear lights today too

left is done, right isnt

here's what i used

both done

did the wifes headlights too, they look awesome now