•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1988 BII door swap

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
i have power everything on my bronco 2 now, but i want to switch them out for manual everything doors. the window motors are fried and the electrical system needs to be completely redone. anyone ever done this or see any problems that could arise? thanks in advance.

RobbieD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Shouldn't be any problems at all. A good set of manual doors will bolt right on, and also solve the interior trim panel difference.

Most people want to do it the other way- manual to power. Your old doors may be worth something to somebody, as a worn-out set with power windows/locks, in need of rebuilding. Rebuilding, and rewiring, the power doors is not that difficult.

Welcome to TRS.

detty_motorsports

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1992
Vehicle
ford/ford
Engine Size
Shouldn't be any problems at all. A good set of manual doors will bolt right on, and also solve the interior trim panel difference.

Most people want to do it the other way- manual to power. Your old doors may be worth something to somebody, as a worn-out set with power windows/locks, in need of rebuilding. Rebuilding, and rewiring, the power doors is not that difficult.

Welcome to TRS.
:icon_thumby: :icon_thumby: :icon_thumby:

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
very easy just simply unplug/cut the electrical at the doors and bolt in the manual ones i would recommend that you remove the door locks from your electric doors and swap them so you can still use the original key on the doors

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
if you where close to me i would help you install the doors and trade you a set of manual doors for your power ones