•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1988 Bronco ii Fuel injection to carburetor

bucked off

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. My son and I have been fighting an 88 Bronco ii environmental control problem for many years and it has finally won. We would like to change the fuel injection and control system to a carb. I'm sure we are not the only ones to have had this issue. If someone could point us to a post explaining the process and parts required, we would greatly appreciate it.

I have found that we will need to replace the fuel pump or regulate the fuel pressure, replace the intake manifold, purchase a carb, and change the ignition system. I have not found any specifics about parts that would fit the 1988 2.9L.

Thank you all in advance!

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Not worth it. Cheaper to just replace EFI.

bucked off

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Thank you. We have replaced the MAP sensor, computer, and few other items I can't remember at the moment. The problem keeps coming back. When you say replace the EFI, what all parts are you recommending? I'll gladly give it a try.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Well, first off, what's an environmental control problem? What does the truck do or not do? Start and stall? No start? Idle badly? Explain the problem. Have you checked the Tech Library here or on the Ranger Station forum? Lots of good info in both.