•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1989 FX4 BII, resto-mod project

Boggin

Reaction score
that sounds like a gigantic waste of time and energy
how is it a waste of time? a d35 in the b2 is a waste? im not keeping the ranger anyways so i dont give a damn what axle is in her lol

Boggin

Reaction score
You should buy slo-vo's D44 setup and put it in the B2
thought about it, but the po-po would be all over me when i get the b2 on the road.ill be lucky if i get away with the the wheel spacers on 12.50s ill be running

Boggin

Reaction score
thought about it for a bit. and im not getting the susp lift, im just going to put on my 3" body lift from the ranger, and put in 2" blocks that i have from another ranger and i will make some coil spacers. i got everything to do it now it just gotta all go together lol i already got the body lift off the ranger, i am gonna throw that on her first i think. and i got the 33s pulled off the front of the ranger too. i test fit them on the b2 and a stock height b2 plus 33s equal fail. there is no turning radius lol.
and i got her all sanded off ready for paint, my buddy is going to paint it for me since hes a bodyman and he will do it for free. not decided yet on gloss black or dark dark gray or a satin black

Boggin

Reaction score
went to do some work on the bumper today but sized it up and i dont have enough tube left over so im gonna have to go buy some soon. 6 dollars for 6 feet of tube isnt bad is it? haha.
also got a free kickass drill press today. now things will be so much easier

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ferd
Engine Size
i pay 8 buck's for 21' of black pipe which is good enough for my bumper's

Boggin

Reaction score
wanted to weld on my light tabs on the push bar and some more steel but lately i been real busy, a couple nights ago i put dual exhaust on a buddys '10 dodge, tonight i put a back rack on a 2001 silverado, and right after that i put a new wheel bearing and lights on a 2000 f150. and then i had to go out in the b2 and rescue a buddys truck that got stuck in the snow lol. so i am beat today but cash is good. also tonight i got the blueish headlight bulbs for the b2, just gonna see how they work before i go and order the hid kit

Boggin

Reaction score
dont think i posted these pics..

and here are the new bulbs

Boggin

Reaction score
would hard shifting mean the slave cyl is going bad?

Boggin

Reaction score
welded on my light tabs for the push bar tonight, and got tired of her making a racket so i put on a muffler, and also got tired of the transfer case making god awful ticking when drivin. so i got down under to find that the vaccum/air breather hose was completely unhooked so i put on a new one and then i changed the fluid and now she drives so nice and quiet, like a complete new truck. i feel re-united with my baby

Boggin

Reaction score
also put in the new bulbs, they are awesome

Boggin

Reaction score
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
so i am friends with the owner of a scrapyard that is just maybe half a mile down the road from my house, he told me he has an explorer there. im going over tomorrow to work out a deal with him. my front end is on its last straw in the b2, so both axles will be coming from the explorer. and maybe even a 4.0 swap. HELL yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Boggin

Reaction score
stuck.

also went places today i never though were possible. me and my buddy were drivin around, went down in a big dip and she jus started spinning. put her in reverse and both of us knew we were gonna be stuck but she backed out of it no trouble, i couldnt believe it, and goin through fields of snow up to the doors and she was crawling on through it. in the above pics i got stuck because i blew a hub otherwise im sure she would of crawled through.

and interior getting gutted for herculiner.

Boggin

Reaction score
well went to the scrapyard today, the explorer i wanted is out in a lot of snow but the owner told me he would go out in the loader and pick her up and bring her out for me, but i opened the hood and the throttle body and intake tube are missing and i want the complete engine incase i want to swap in the 4.0. so the owner showed me another explorer he had which was a eddie bauer, (nice seats and console to replace my broken console) and she has both axles still in tact and the engine is complete. she just got no tires and is missing the hubs. thats no big deal. so i might go over and throw a set of wheels on her and bring her home someday this week

Boggin

Reaction score
shes going olive drab for now. going to see how i like it, if i dont like it i can always get it painted over. im afraid its going to look cheap so im going to try and do a real good job with the prep and maybe a couple coats of clear on top.. hopefully with bedliner going across the bottom and all black trim like the grill, wheels, etc it will look decent.