•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

31" fit

2low

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FoMoCo
Engine Size
my parts truck is coming with 31"s. and as far as we know it has no lift. will they fit on my bronco (stock hight?)

no short answers please. no isnt helping lol:thefinger::icon_cheers:

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
it all depends on the back spacing and the condition of your springs. my 86 fit 33's with only a 3 inch body lift and only about 3 inches of trimming at the bottem of the front fenders, where as my 84 with some screwed up springs barly fits 31's with the 3 inch body lift and the same trimming to the front, and the inner lip on the rear. im unsure of the back spacing on the rims tho.

b2rich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
I have 235s :sad: (29.5) on my b2 and they rub if i get to much weight in the back. i.e. extra passenger. i have no lift.

2low

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FoMoCo
Engine Size
yeah my rear has some sag. but i might just hockey puck lift the body shove them on. the parts truck has them (91 ranger) and i DONT think it has a lift if it does its real minor.

doeas a ranger have more or less body mounts then a bronco (if it has a REAL body lift kit, can i re use it)

heres some pics of the parts rig.

does it look lifted?

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
I would say there might be a little bit of a lift to it. if those are the 31's on it, it looks like they have a bit of moving room around them.

Boggin

Reaction score
my stock b2 could fit 32s with no lift but she isnt sagged very much it all depends wether your truk is sagged or not i also had sandbags in the back of mine and an old scrapped front end

2low

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FoMoCo
Engine Size
my stock b2 could fit 32s with no lift but she isnt sagged very much it all depends wether your truk is sagged or not i also had sandbags in the back of mine and an old scrapped front end
well the springs on that ranger def. arent sagged. i might swap.

also thanks dude. i was begining to get a lil discouraged. its not like im gonna be stuffing the 31's into the fenders much
this thing is a pavement pounder. and may see light sand duty. so suspension doesnt have to be to crazy i just want it to look meaner then a stock carrolla in traffic

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
yer welcome but try not to base your answers just on me all of us have different spring sag, i hope it works out for ya

2low

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FoMoCo
Engine Size
yer welcome but try not to base your answers just on me all of us have different spring sag, i hope it works out for ya
well i got a busted shackle and it sinks like a mofo when i hit the gas. but i think putting the ranger rear prings in might help no?

does a ranger have less leaves?

Boggin

Reaction score
hm not sure on that one it is possible better to ask someone more experience, im better with front axles, lol

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
uhhh yes... i ran 33" baja claws on my stock B2 and only rubbed halfway through the turn and it was a very light rub...

madman_2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245 4.0L OHV
the ranger should have one more spring than ur b2. i used to have a b2 and my friend had a ranger. his had one more spring. if u put those springs on ur b2, the 31s should fit on the rear, as for the front... its gonna need some fabricating.

madman_2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
245 4.0L OHV
btw, i looked at those pics a lil closer and i think that ranger has at least a 2" body lift. cuz theres a pretty good space between ur bumper and the bottom of the grille.

tpking

Reaction score
btw, i looked at those pics a lil closer and i think that ranger has at least a 2" body lift. cuz theres a pretty good space between ur bumper and the bottom of the grille.
thats what i was noticing to .. climb under it and check it out

2low

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FoMoCo
Engine Size
the ranger should have one more spring than ur b2. i used to have a b2 and my friend had a ranger. his had one more spring. if u put those springs on ur b2, the 31s should fit on the rear, as for the front... its gonna need some fabricating.
thanks for the deets.:headbang:

scotts90ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
on a second gen ranger, 31's will fit without lift using stock wheels without any serious rubbing (only on radius arms and sway bar), on a first gen you're limited to 235's pretty much, even on a second gen BII it's limited because of the rear inner fender generally.

I've been running 31's on my '90 ranger ever since I converted to 4x4, most of the rubbing went away once the tires wore a bit and when I removed the sway bar...

91rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 and 2002
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv and sohc
uhhh yes... i ran 33" baja claws on my stock B2 and only rubbed halfway through the turn and it was a very light rub...
you gotta video of this? where they 10.50s or 12.50s?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.9l FI, 2.9L FI, 2.8L
My 88 has 31" tires on stock wheels with very little rub when offroad.

This is a pic i took a few days ago. The tires dont touch the fenders at all, but rub the wells in the rear.

Last edited:

klogtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
have had no problems my 31's yet. but i do just lite offroading, getting to fishinh holes.