•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4.0 swap no charging condition

janderson4010

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
hey guys glad to be posting to trs finally, ive lurked around for quite a while. I swapped a 4.0 out of 93 explorer along with the m5od and the bw 1354 into my 1986 bronco II. Its been sitting for quite awhile while I swapped in a solid front axle and the 8.8 rear. my question is now that ive got it running and moving im not getting any charge from the alternator, when I check the voltage ive got 11.88 at the battery and also at the terminal on the back of the alternator. any suggestions of how im f'ing this up? I had the alternator tested at the parts store and it passed just fine so im forced to blame my wiring and assume that I missed something. The terminal on the back of the alternator is connected to the battery side of the solenoid and the other is plugged to a plug that goes into the main harness and I believe into the power distro box.

does this alternator require a gauge or light be hooked up? bk my bII didn't have a gauge so nothing is hooked up with regards to the alternator on the drivers side. im relying on you guys' experience to get me wheeling soon, thanks

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size