•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4.0L Swap - Lower Rad Hose

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I am completing the 4.OL swap into my 86 B2 and after I installed the radiator from the 93 explorer I noticed a very tight clearance condition between lower radiator outlet and a bracket on the frame that mounts the front strut. Not sure the hose will fit on. I was thinking of shorting up the rad outlet to gain clearance. What have others done?

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Sorry, mine doesnt have the strut and bracket. I used an explorer radiator and hoses with no issues.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Didn't know what you meant by the strut is in the way unless your talking about the little shock absorber on the side of the motor some 4.0 motors had.There is two different lower radiator hoses and only one outlet on the radiator is my experience did you use the 4.0 hose? I would hesitate to cut the outlet down on the radiator outlet if the hose pops off you are a pedestrian at that point.Mine has the explorer radiator at one time I had explorer big and small ranger b2 radiators all would fit.

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The bracked holds a strut ( a rod that links the front suspension) and has a bolt sticking straight up. I think I can get the hose on if I trim back the bolt even with the nut.

belovedb2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I got the hose on after cutting back the bolt. It is still resting on the bracket. I need to put on some type of protector between the hose and the bracket.