•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

4in lift and 35's?

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
i was going to go 33's like everyone else. but in the tech library it says i could go 35's with a 3in lift and fender trimming... this doesn't sound right? but is it?

michowski

Reaction score
your one step ahead of me on this question lol. Only problem ive found is that I cant find 5.13 gears for the 8.8. Biggest is 4.88 and I think thats probly gonna be to low. I could be wrong but I guess we will see.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
sweet for once im ahead.. haha. well i can't see my lil old 3.73's holding well. but gears will prob come first. and i have been having a easier time finding used sets of 35's that 33's.. going used cuz i'm not sold on what set of tires i wanna go with yet.

michowski

Reaction score
go for the hankook dynamic mt tires. I got those in 31" and I love em. I know everyone else on this board for the most part loves the AT's but I found the cooks to work in everything. And buy the tires first then do the gear swap. Its gonna suck having a really low gearing with small tires and nothing bigger to put on for a while.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
i'll look into it right now.

michowski

Reaction score
Check out my one thread I started today about this video angers me. Shows that the AT's arent great on rocks. Im not knockin the tire, just saying they dont seem to cover it all. Heres a pic of my tire

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Check out my one thread I started today about this video angers me. Shows that the AT's arent great on rocks. Im not knockin the tire, just saying they dont seem to cover it all. Heres a pic of my tire
one step ahead of you again.. already did. too bad i got dail up so it takes days to load. but ya. i got 30x10.5 bfg AT's and they are ok. but in the real soupy mud and slick rocks they do nothing. even at 12psi. i like the dick cepek radial F-C II. google that. looks like it would grip like a MT but be ok for the streets too. without throwing rocks into the cab like today with my AT.

michowski

Reaction score
Suprising just doing a steady 60mph on the highway I cant even tell I have offroad tires. They are just as quiet as my moms car. Windows open and all and there as quiet as any car. They dont hold stones in em. The tread pattern is designed to prevent them from getting stuck. From my 2 years with em I find them to be the best all purpose tire wether its in snow, 4ft of mud, rocks, highway. They do it and and are just fantastic IMO. I dont know if I should say this but, one day when I was greasing the front and just checking over everything, both my front tires had 2 nails in em, the rear had 1 nail in it. Never went flat either. Cleaned em up, plugged em, and hit the park. They definatly got my vote.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
hmmm. that sounds like a winner to me.. have you ever posted pics of your truck? ur online more than i am and i dont think i have seen ur truck

michowski

Reaction score
ya I had a thread of pics of my truck. If you want il post some up in this thread if you dont care.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
ya that would be cool...

and back to the question on 35's? will they fit? or should i not bother?

michowski

Reaction score
I asked wicked sludge and he said ya they should fit. I dont see why not either. Im definatly gonna do it when the funds come my way. Gotta get some new softride leafs in the rear, then start buying rims, tires, gears, lockers, 8.8, ect. Gonna be a fun summer. Pics of my truck can be found here, http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i70/michowski/Cliffs/

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
wow. i wonder how long i can run with my stock gears on a set of 35's? or how long my d28 would last. maybe i'll just have to find out.. haha. 4x4 junkie will prob get on this thread and chime in. it never fails.

michowski

Reaction score
from what I read your dana 28 wont get you home lol. Upgrade to the dana35.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
ya so i have heard. hmmm... so i would need the 8.8 axle, gears, and what all up front? driveshafts, and case?

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
I have a 4" suspension and 3" bl and still had to do some minor fender trimming to prevent rubbing at full flex, plus i got a '04 which sits a little higher stock than yours. im thinkin 4" suspension and trimming wont quite be enough.

as for gears, i went with 4.88's for my 4.0 and i think they may be a little low. nice in town and on the trail, but im doin like 2800 rpm on the highway at about 70mph.

D28+35" tires=BOOM!!

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
D28+35" tires=BOOM!!
haha. ya i figured... and i might just have to find a guy with some 35's and try them on soon. but i think i'll go with the 33's for now. i found one set of swampers in a 34 10.50.. that could be interesteding, i usually like a narrower tire anyways. but that might be too narrow

haymaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91'
Vehicle
Ford
your one step ahead of me on this question lol. Only problem ive found is that I cant find 5.13 gears for the 8.8. Biggest is 4.88 and I think thats probly gonna be to low. I could be wrong but I guess we will see.
Randys Ring and Pinion carries sizes all the way up to 6.14.

5.13's:
http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=1953

5.71's:
http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=1955

6.14's:
http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=1956