•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

5" body lift on 88 bronco2

marcehboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 2.9
It doesnt even look like that nissan has a front drive shaft

bmonee5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
jesus 12 shocks on the rear and 12" lift blocks....hmmmm that sounds really jacked...that picture is rediculous. It looks like he just welded shock mounts wherever he could find room. As for the body lift i would agree with everyone don't do more than 2. I think a 5 inch BL would look so rediculous, the only good thing is you could make shelves for extra storage....

Frank The Tank

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
98 70
Vehicle
Protege' F100-R
Engine Size
1. sumthing 7.3 gasoline
I hate doing a BL.... it's a major pain. I would pull out my hair trying to go 5inches.

3inches sucks bad enough.
I don't think your cab will pop off or anything, but you will drive yourself nuts on groundwires, steering, a brake-lines.

Plus you will be able to see your frame protruding from 10 ft away... then you have to sand and paint it so it looks less gay.

I would stick with a 3 and do 2in suspension... it's stupid cheap if you know what your looking for.

Frank

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
well ive settled for a 4" body lift. and i got me 3-4 lift kit as well if i dont like the body lift i can drop it back down.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
DONT do over a 3....it will look ****ing stupid

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Don't do it.

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
this is a bronco ii with a 4" body lift. i dont think it looks that bad.

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Pm me if you want some more pictures.I have some of a 93 explorer a 83 ranger and a 89 ranger and a 88 bronco II with a 4 inch body lift.Years ago trailmaster sold 4 inch body lifts.I used to have the box one of the aluminum body lifts came in.If you do it right and move the bumpers and buy gap guards.Do the steering right and use shifter ext.Then it looks pretty good.By the way www.liftlips.com will custom make the gap guards for a four inch body lift.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
look, youre already doing the right, legitimate thing by swapping in the explorer 4.0, d35, and 8.8.

dont be cheap and screw it all up with a mickey-mouse 5" bl. that's just dumb.

you said you have a 3" kit available, use it. if you need a little more room for bigger tires, get SMALL blocks in the rear, or even better, shackles, and get coil spacers up front.

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I don't think I would do a 5" body lift.But a 4 inch would be fine in done right.Just don't do any short cuts.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
depending on goals a 5 in body lift properly done is fine for guys doing deep holes.

properly done means no body bolts will be over 4 inched long either, but there will be at least twice as many bolts.:icon_thumby:

modded aerostar steering linkage etc will be in order along with all the other previously mentioned headaches just for starters.

so glad to hear you dropped the thought.

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
done with 4" body lift almost kinda like it but i will be changing out the mounts for sumthing else maybe.

pfrye2007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 l
You wouldnt be able to drive it on the road without killing someone or yourself one day and towing it would be the same dangers as the body would end up coming off one day down the road, and if DOT or whoever it is where you are sees this, you will not be happy.
I don't know about all that lol. His body will not fall off with proper mounting bolts and if rust is not an issue. But I still wouldn't do it because it would be pretty bad looking :icon_rofl:. But if it is done correctly with proper workmanship it would be fine and wouldn't fall apart. If you don't have a lot of money but have lots of time, go for it and post pics. :headbang:

yostyexplorer94

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5 inch would cause ugly gaps that would take alot of time to cover up and relocate the bumpers. Steering extension might need to be custom made. Probably need to extend many of your hoses and wires because a 3 inch body lift was getting close with my explorer. If you got more time than money go for it. It is your vehicle and everyone's taste is different :icon_cheers:

yostyexplorer94

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
depending on goals a 5 in body lift properly done is fine for guys doing deep holes.

properly done means no body bolts will be over 4 inched long either, but there will be at least twice as many bolts.:icon_thumby:

modded aerostar steering linkage etc will be in order along with all the other previously mentioned headaches just for starters.

so glad to hear you dropped the thought.
5 inch body mounts with 4 inch bolts? Done right? Hopefully I missed something somewhere......

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
lol you would have to make dual drop down tabs on each side of the body mount itself. there for the bolts would be shorter then the mount itself. i can draw you a pic if needed.

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
well i dont like the mounts i got so im going to buy sum uhmw and cut and drill the for a better feel and stronger mounts. Im useing grade 8 bolts with loc-tight alrdy

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
I doing a 4" body lift. i also picked up a 4" lift kit for free today along with 33/12.50/15 tires,and a set of lights. I love free items!
NICE, you lucky bastard....lol

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
i know i got lucky. last call for parts guy is buying body of truck for 200 bucks so let me know if you want parts asap!

ramoyer1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
i need to find a site that just sells the steering adapter and the bumper lift brackets