•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

84 bronco 2 carb

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
ok so i just bought a carb rebuild kit and i have been told it is easy to rebuild by others on here but i would like to know for assurance how easy it is.. i mean i have rebuilt pocket bike carbs and yes i know alot different but still they have similaraties. so anything that would help me out i would like to know some tricks.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
thanks shran i will go check that out and i beleive u when u say its a different level

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Get a gallon of carb cleaner and lay all the parts and gaskets out on the bench the way you took it apart. Do not remove the butterflys and take all the aluminum parts and soak overnite in carb cleaner, Save everything so you know what to use out of the carb kit there is allways extra parts. I like to blast the parts with high pressure water before blowing all the ports good with air. Do the dry float adjustment according to the kit you will need to do a wet float adjustment after you get it running. Be sure and use a good screwdriver when pulling the jets out of the float bowl and look at the jet size you want no bigger than #50s. Is this for a duraspark conversion take and glue a piece of 180 grit sandpaper to a flat piece of plywood and surface the base of the carb before you clean it.

Shran

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
look at the jet size you want no bigger than #50s
Are larger numbers smaller size and vice versa? I am pretty sure that every factory carb I have pulled off an RBV had #53 jets.

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
just got done doing my carb and man it was easy plus i gotta say mine were #53 jets so i think the smaller the number bigger the jet but idk

1986broncoiister

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
well this thread makes me feel better now im going to rebuild mine lol

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
haha it was easy all u gotta do is take one part off at a time put the new gasket on and then move to the next part the hardest part to do was set the float but that wa still easy cause the derections tell u exactly where to gut the paper level they provide. i will tell u that the link shran gave me helped alot to

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Before you finish dialing it in your gonna want to do the wet float adjustment. After you get it running good enough to idle pull the top off the carb The wet float adjustment is 3/4 of an inch from the top of the float bowl to the center of the fuel in the bowl not around the edge. Pull the float out to bend the arm put it together and start it for a few seconds until the level stabilizes and measure it again. Kinna scary keep a fire ext handy but you can run it with the top off the carb. Get it close to 3/4 inch as possible and then put the top back on and dial it in. The dry float adjustment is usually around 1/2 -5/8 wet float and will allways run rich there.