•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

84n bronco 2 c5 auto trans need help

feonix1123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93 Sploder 5-sp
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hi all

i need info on the c5 auto trans i accidently removed the intermediate band adjusting screw. I was told something could fall down im not sure if it did or not. I9 have not started or moved the rig since. How would i know if it has drooped down into case. Also i would love to see pics of the ban so i can see whats holding what i can't find no pics at all if anyone has some please let me know.

Im not sure what i should do just re adjust and start/test her or start pulling tranny to rebuld. Anyone have this problem that can help me

thanks

dennis

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
The dogs that hold the band will fall with no tension on them.

slammer67

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ranger
the little blocks that are on the band could fall out. this happened to me - but on the reverse band, I had to pull the valve body to get in to put it back together.

you could try to put the adjusting screw in and screw it in until it stops - there should be at least 1/2" of thread left on the adjusting screw. if it goes in further you probably lost the little block on the inside.
then you'll have to pull the valve body -it's tricky to get back in and get all the linkage in the right place, but not too bad.
the actual adjustment is to tighten until you get 10 foot pounds and then back it off 4-1/4 turns for a c5 (different than c4), then put lock nut on and tighten -while holding the adjusting screw with a wrench
The reverse adjustment is the same, but back off adjuster 3 turns

just did this today in fact
good luck

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Since we are being specific here, while you are at it, adjust the low/reverse band as well. It gets tightened to the same 10 ft/lbs, but backed off 3 turns.