•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

85 Bronco II Current Value

mcrandyvl16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Hi everyone! New here!

My first car in high school was a 1985 Ford Bronco II. 5 speed. Northland Edition (says the sticker).

We have held onto this car for several years and am wondering about the current value as I've had some inquiries asking if I would sell.

Pros: Body is in phenomenal shape for the age. Probably a couple rust bubbles in areas but nothing like a full rot out. It has less than 95,000 original miles. 5 speed manual transmission shifts great and clutch is tight. 4x4 manual locking hubs work as well.

Cons: The weak engine in this thing has given us trouble. It'll start no worries, but once it warms up it starts to sputter and has no power. It cannot power the Bronco past 40 mph. We've always wondering if it is a air issue like the exhaust plugged up but have never really looked into it because it just sits in storage. Taking it anywhere would need to be trailered and then diagnosed. I was always holding onto it to do an engine swap one day.

Seeing the jump in interest in Broncos again with the rebrand has me seeing the value increase.

What do you think is the value of this Bronco currently? (dusty picture included) Thanks for your input!

IMG_1626.JPG

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Engine problem is likely something REAL simple, just a matter of chasing it down. I had a similar issue with my '88 and once the cap/rotor/wires/plugs and coil were replaced it gave my Hellcat a run for the money! :ROFLMAO:

I'd get the engine issue handled first as it's going to dramatically affect what someone will pay for it. If it's running like a top, relatively speaking, and can cruise along at interstate speed, finding the right butt for the seat won't be an issue.

People are paying INSANE money for some of these BIIs. When I started doing research I was seeing some super clean Eddie Bauers sold for high teens/low twenties...

That being said yours looks like the perfect start for a project BII, get that motor sorted for short money and you could push 5-figures with it fairly easily IMO...