•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

85 front clip on 90 BII?

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
hey guys i just bought an 85 BII for 300$ haha its a good deal the body is in great shape and i want to convert my 90 front end with 85 front fenders and grille..has anyone tried this yet? how does everything fit?
thanks

djdiesel89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005and 1990
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
6.1and 2.9
hey guys i just bought an 85 BII for 300$ haha its a good deal the body is in great shape and i want to convert my 90 front end with 85 front fenders and grille..has anyone tried this yet? how does everything fit?
thanks
i was wondering the same thing. pics and tips would be much apreciated

ksum25

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 fuel injected sucide machine
I have a 88 BII and when I bought it the front end was smashed up. I was given a 81 or 82 BII and switched out the steering gearbox along with the front brakes and the whole front inner fenders. The only mod I did was to weld up was the radiator support at the bottom for the newer style radiator and drill one hole for the top mount for the radiator. I drilled out all the spotwelds and removed the whole core support and welded the new one back in place.

04sd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'90 / '84
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 / 4.0
Besides needing to swap out the radiator support the gen 1 front bumper won't bolt on to the gen 2 frame. Either need a custom front bumper or mods to firr the stock bumper.

85rx7_93ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ya i tore both trucks apart and decided it wasnt worth it lol so i have a 85 front end for sale lol fenders, grile, and bumper

jakes86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ford didn't make a B2 in 1980 or 1981. They were only made from 1984-1990 as far as I know. Then they stopped producing them in 1990 to make way for the Exploders, oops sorry, Explorers, also I think they were discontinued due to roll over issues . But correct me if I'm wrong.

big red 138

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
i dont think the rollover thing was ever found to be truth.from what i understand it drew attention after suzuki samurai rollovers, but once they looked into it a bit they saw b2s rollovers were similar to any other suv rollover. there was rumor of a design flaw in the front suspension that cause the center of gravity to lift during a turn, but i dont think theres anything conclusive