•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

86 Budget Conscience Build

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Just got home from some light wheeling and trail riding. Something may be wrong with how the clutch is set up, I was able to smell a decent amount of burning clutch at one point, slight fender rub at a few points, nothing to tear the fender up, or hurt the tire, but annoying none the less. Definitely feeling like a regear is needed, never got stuck but ran out of power in 4hi a couple times. Hit some decent mud, rode around, but most importantly I was able to keep pace with my uncles Jeep, and thats what really matters, after all.

William Spitzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 2.3
Riding the clutch??
well it really needs a regear, first, but the clutch pedal isnt even with the brake pedal, far from it, it has about 4-6 inches more travel than a stock clutch, i assumed it was just a side affect from the exploder/b2 transmission swap, but I dont think the clutch is fully engaging. Although it could just be a problem with 31's and 3:73 gears.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Nice build thread love the stance and tire size. Personally don't like the tire itself (have had bad luck with it). But nice B2.
Trav