•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

87 Bronco ii no start

Broncojumper87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have an 87 bronco 2 that would cut out while driving and was hard to start. On star up it would run for a few seconds then die. come to find he pump in the tank failed so I replaced the pump and filter and now it has barely any fuel pressure but you can hear both pumps prime? Any ideas what could be wrong?:dunno:

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
im gonna say this right now there is a search function in the top left hand corner and u will find this has been cover multiple times

Broncojumper87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have searched this forum for a few days now and haven't really came up with much So that's why I asked.

Broncojumper87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So I didn't a little more searching and fixed my no fuel pressure problem come to find out the new filter was sealed on one end. So I exchanged it and put another filter on and it has some pressure now. I have to turn the key 3 or 4 times to get it to build pressure it will start and run for a minute but it only holds 30psi while it's running and if you give it gas it drops to 28 psi or so then dies. Could the high pressure pump be going out?