•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

88 B2 running problem

98RedRanger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey guy i have recently been working on my project Bronco... I finally got it running right by cleaning out the throttle body and she will stay running now intil i shut it off. But the other day i went in the back field and i hit a small bump and she shut off on me. I figured i was just low on gas and i went to the house got gas and filled her up but she wouldnt start.. We thought maybe the fuel pump stopped working cause everytime we turned the key we didnt hear the fuel pump buzz.. we towed her back home to the garage and we found the inertia switch pushed it and the fuel pump kicked on and she started and stayed running.. but when she sits for a while i have to re hit the inertia switch and sometimes when i hit it it still doesnt turn on the fuel pump? IM real confused about this.. Has anyone had this problem before? or know of a solution?

98RedRanger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Also how many volts are supposed to be going into the inertia switch? i was get 6.41 volts

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 2001
Vehicle
1989=Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Not sure about the voltage. However if the switch didn't trip? I'd suspect the relay might have taken a dump. Nothing lasts forever, and they do get a lot of use.

S-

98RedRanger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Where is the relay located on them?

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 2001
Vehicle
1989=Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Not sure? I've always figured under the hood, either on the firewall or near the power/fuse box near the battery.

If no one knows off hand? I'll take a look at my BII tomorrow and locate where it is on that one.

S-

98RedRanger21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
i would really appreciate that man thanks a lot! If anyone else knows any information please let me know! THANKS