•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

88' Bronco II 2.9 Won't Start ?

MLB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The problem, the truck seemed to start fine in the colder weather now that it is starting to warm up is when this problem started. For the last month it has taken a little longer crankin on it for it to start and when it does start you can smell gas, today I got stranded, it will start and run for a few seconds but it acts like to me that it is flooding itself out running real ruff and like I said before with the smell of gas. My question is is there some sort of relay or sensor for the cold weather start like a choke that could be bad causing it to act like it is flooded ??
I had another post awhile back and someone said the TFI Module ??
Any help would be appriciated the truck is sitting in the middle of my deer lease until I can figure this out.
Thanks.

ROBSANTIL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
there is a fuel pump relay on the right side fender in the engine compartment behind the air box. There are two relays. The one closest to the firewall is the eec relay and the one next to it closest to the battery is the fuel pump relay. I had the same issue until I replaced it. Most part stores have them in stock including LMC Truck. remember you have a secondary pump in your fuel tank that just fuel flowing under light pressure your primary is on the chassis rail under the drivers seat and that one supplies constant pressure.