•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

89 b2 build

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I still have a little finish work to do. I didn't have a cone shaped wheel for my dremel to get in the corners like I want to smooth them out. Once I get it all done I'm going to put bedliner on it.
Few other odds and ends, tie downs for gear and the expedition rack.
coming along:D

BroncoIIPower

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
My credo
Clothing optional
I like how you did the bed. Nice way to add structure. One of the drawbacks to doing a chop top on these is the body is very weak and easy to tweak after you remove the top.

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Thanks. I like how it turned out. Tested it hauling camping gear this weekend. The depression in the bed turned out to be very useful. Cooler fits perfect,:beer:

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Started working on my expedition rack. I know, I know, it looks like a roll bar. It wont quite as much when I get the roof rack on and I didn't want it to look like a camper shell frame. Its not built to be a roll bar but the front bar is heavy enough to add some strength. Maybe get it finished this weekend and on the truck.

Attachments

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Cool. So your gonna build the roof rack off of it and have it carry all the way over the cab?

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
made some tweaks, then this is the finished product. driving it today to test for rattles and noise. So far so good. Gonna leave it as is for now do a little hauling on it to see what tweaks I need to do. Then when I get the whole bed like I want it Ill bed coat it all.

Attachments

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Cool. So your gonna build the roof rack off of it and have it carry all the way over the cab?
I planned on partially over the cab. I want it solely attached to the rack so if I want to take it out it comes out in one piece.

I'm not totally happy with the width of the roof rack. Mainly looks, from the front it looks too narrow for the truck. May end up with something different but for now its good.

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Loading up for the first paddling trip with the rack. I was pretty happy with how it worked and the noise level.

upside to the dip in the bed....cooler fits perfect!:beer:

Attachments

kayakcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Couple of things since I last posted. Cut the front fenders. Used expedition fender flares to pattern and cover the cuts. Gave me a little more room for tires.
I ran into a snag on cutting the rear and its going to take a little sheet metal work to get the look I want so those have been delayed a little.

I also did a little experiment with some supposedly color matched, not so much, spray paint. Its not the right color but the primer is all covered and it gives me an idea of what it will look like when I'm done and get it painted.

Also I have been sitting on my new rims for a while and was waiting to get new tires. Couldn't stand it, put them on with the existing tires. I do like them much better than the stock ones, which weren't bad I just like these better.

Attachments