•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

89 B2 water on passenger side floor

89Bronco2Micheal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I just discovered water wet carpet on the passenger floor and on floor behind passenger seat. It has been raining for about 3 days now. I checked the heater core its not leaking, and the windows are not leaking. I haven't looked underneath the truck yet for rust spots or holes. The wet carpet does not smell like antifreeze. Any ideas where I find where the water is coming in from?

efilnicufecin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have often found this type of invasion coming from the radio antenna cable coming through the body behind the passenger side kick panel.....use some RTV if the rubber "Boot" seal is ripped torn, or just completely missing.

89Bronco2Micheal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I found out where the water leak was coming from. It was leaking in from the top of the front windshield on passenger side. Coming down the side between passenger side door window dripping on passenger side floor behind that plastic cover. The seller did say he had a new windshield installed. The headliner underneath the sunvisor was also damp. Anywas I fixed it no more leaks.

Last edited:

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
How did you fix it? Did you have to pull the windshield?

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
For what it is worth there is a well known problem causes water on the passenger side floor. It involves with the drain that lets water out that gets into the louvers/slots immediately in front of the windshield (the area where the windshield wiper mechanism is). Leaves fall thru the slot and get trapped down where it drains. Between the leaves blocking the drain and holding moisture, the seam/seal where that is against the firewall starts to leak. There is some topics on the subject written up. Might not find it on here, but it will be on TRS.