•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

89 Bronco II Issues HELLLP !

MLB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I've got an 89 Bronco II with a problem, it has no spark. I've put a new TFI, plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor bug. I also have an 88 and I swapped the coil and computer from it into the 89 with still no luck. I checked with a meter and it has 12 volts to the coil terminals. I bought this off a friend of mine and he crossed the wires on the coil terminals that's how it all started. I need y'alls help to get it back on the road. Any help or ideas at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

broncobuckinaround

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
07/86
Vehicle
ford
is your coil firing? if not might want to check your grounds. since you replaced you dis. is it the one that has the module on it.

check all fuses. and check relays.

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
replace the module on the distributor. 2 7mm head screws. pita, but id bet that is the problem. after the screws are out it will unplug downward, 3 prongs. you will probably have to grind a socket to almost paper thin to get to the screws

greasemonkey6886

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I had a very simular problem with my 88 when I bought it. Had power to the coil but no fire. I checked everything like you did with no results. Mine turned out to be a bad connection on the power wire at the coil. It had power but the connector on the end of the wire where it plugs into the coil was bad. the wire had come loose from it. Put a new connector on it and it fired right off. hope yours winds up being that simple.