•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

90 Bronco 2 SASd getting 98 Ranger Cab

bronco2guy

Banned - Selling busted parts
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
More pics of the progress, taking rolling frame to get sandblasted on Sunday, still have to take out drive train this week. Now planning on keeping the a/c from explorer also. trying to sell all my extra parts and purchase the james duff 4link rear.

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

trying out the new explorer, it will drive for about 1 min then tranny stops, let it sit and then it moves again. also it has little bit of a chatter right at start up for 2-3 seconds then goes away, did the normal test of 2000-3000 grand listening for noises on the sohc engine, which im aware have common timing chain issues, i think for the sake of knowing wiring is right and i know motor still runs, actually seems very strong, i will not rebuild it yet, bolt down in get all bugs/wiring gremlins, then test, and decide how deep i want to go into rebuilding the motor and what performance parts to use.

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well its been several days and no update or pictures for anyone following my thread so thought it was about time, I had Bronco frame balsted and now have it primered havent got much further with it, ive been very busy parting out the blue explorer, which i have got what i paid and made quite a bit so far and still alot of good stuff left so i was pretty happy and went and bought another donor truck explorer sport trac and will be doing same thing but it has no body parts good other than tailgate but does have factory 4.10 gears and limiteslip, and good tranny and motor, I am actually gonna use Sport tracs motor for now so i can take my time redoing the 99 Ex engine. Let me know what you all think, also delay is since i didnt have anything to offroad im redoing my 84 short bed ranger for temp use offroading just have to be very careful in it :)

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Sport Trac got fawked :icon_surprised:!

That will be killer with the James Duff 4 link, I just checked it out.

I am really looking forward to seeing this one.

GOODOLEBOY84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Where is the 4 link kit on james duff site, i cant find it what is it under on their website?

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I don't think they have there 4link kit posted online yet, but it is in there free catalogs.

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Here are some closer up pics of the 4.0 SOHC from the 99 Explorer

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Picture of sandblasted frame, primered, will get better ones today Im off work with plans on working on this stuff all day.

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Here is pics of 99 Explorer dash I will be using, also wanted to show you what the computer mount location and fusebox looks like, this is all same in Ranger cab, so should be fairly clean wiring swap and locations.

pickuptrucker

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.3 baby!
wow awsome project i cant wait to see what it looks like!!!
i have a 1997 ranger and i also love that gen of cabs. i was thinking of doing a swap onto a b2 frame someday if i decide i want a shorter wheelbase. most of the wheeling i do is short wheelbase wheeling, but 107 might be short enough. i cant wait to see the cab on the frame :headbang: get :icon_welder:

AlwysBusted96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
Holy smokes this is gonna be killer when its done. Some day I would love to to a frame off project... never done one... I am determined to do it one day. Hopefully on a RBV.

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Thanks for the comments guys, i will try and get more pics soon, I know everyone loves picks, ive been so busy just picked up set of 5.13s new, install kits, trak lok, minispool, full witdh 9in rear, dana 44 front for $400 bucks for my 84 Ranger which i need to start a build on it also.

bronco2guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looking thru my Bronco pics seems I dont really have many adventure pics, but here was its last outing before this crazy plan, it still ran and drove when i pulled it apart. Wanted to share a couple action photos this is a park called Flat Nastys in Salem, MO. Its a pretty good place to go i think.

pickuptrucker

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.3 baby!
looks like a fun place! i got really excited when yousaid salem, but then i saw it was mo not or ha ha but looks fun.