•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

93 Ford Explorer

topnotchoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I am an ASE technician with lots of expreience in both worlds, fuel injection is more reliable and better suited for offroad. However there is nothing wrong with a carb setup, im actually running one on my 93 sport, 351W, NP.435\205 so im not sure what the arguement is. Carb setup is simple to most people, i plan on eventually running fast efi, cant get much simpler.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
i stay in N.C.
ON BOARD DIAGNOSTIC EMISSIONS INSPECTION---1996 -AND UP $30.00
SAFETY INSPECTION 1995 VEHICLES OR OLDER-----$13.60

35 YEARS OLD OR ORDER DO NOT NEED A SAFETY INSPECTION

So we can run any engine carb or what 95 and back -and just pass safety inspection--they don't check it that closes

Removing the emissions controls from any vehicle newer than 1968 is still illegal under FEDERAL law

One of these days the FEDERAL law may get enforced.

But the point is once you get EFI "Dialed in" it stays that way, sometimes for a decade or more.

I've never had a carb stay "Set" for more than a week, sometimes I set one in the evening and it worked perfectly
when I went to bed.. and wouldn't even start the next morning.

Last edited:

littlezell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have a 78 bronco with a 351m.... doesnt matter how long it sits or where i go I get decent gas mileage and it always fires up on the first try.... I live in northeast georgia and we dont have any regulations on emissons, but I feel that in the next 5 to 10 years we will... I like either or doesnt matter what vehicle I drive I cant complain.... well I can on fuel injection... takes alittle more time to figure out whats wrong with it when you dont have any codes showing up...